Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Been wanting to join in the Wishful Wednesday over at the Seattle Smith's, but also totally want to keep up with Way Back Wednesday! Soooo..here's both!
'I wish' .... My pet could talk because I have been dying to know _____!
(I dont know why the font is showing up so big. Whatever.) I wish Gracie could talk b/c I've been dying to know A LOT! First, why the heck does she jump on the bed sometimes, but act completely helpless sometimes (and therefore I lift her onto it. spoiled much? yeah.) I'd want to know what her favorite treats are...and if she prefers the tv on when I'm gone or if that really just bugs her...and where her favorite place to take walks is! I'd want to know why she likes to sleep on top of the sofa.. haha.. and why she hates the blow dryer... and why she licks blankets and towels. And basically, I'd want her to be able to respond when I talk to her! But if she talked back, I'd prolly have to cut out the baby voice I get with her sometimes. Unless she likes it. I think she does. haha.. And now, here's Gracie dawg!! Oh, and I'd ask her what she wants to be for Halloween, too! :) She's such an awesome little doggie. I'd want to know whatever she'd want to tell me if she could talk. :)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
His parents have a really awesome tailgate spot on the new tailgate area-I love it! I'm really digging the new area...everyone comes together and it's so fun! Grillmaster Eric. ;)
Ran into Katy who'd driven in from D town for the game
...and we may have tracked down the Incredibles/J@y Leno look alike new mascot. I have no idea what I was doing, but it ended up being pretty funny...
The band performing in the distance for the alumni tailgate :)
Headed out to Catoosa for Eric's friends' wedding! The flash wasnt on in this one, but I liked our smiles. Damn flash. Arg. hahaha...
Not that this one isn't cute.. Just sayin...(yes, I realize it's pretty much the same picture. Dont judge me. haha).
Jared's face.. awesome.. haha..
They'd taken dance lessons and performed their rehearsed dance-cute cute. :)
This little guy was kinda awesome. He was amazingly chill during the wedding and then stole the dance floor during the reception (as you can see)..haha..
Chris, Eric, Ryan :)
...and he still smiled for my boring and posed one. A good man. ;)
Welp, came home from work today and they have the sidewalk pretty much dug up! I guess a water main broke *nervous* But it should be fixed tomorrow... So I guess that's good news! Headed over to Sara's to watch Gossip G!rl and then maybe over to Eric's for a shower (I owe him.. seriously.. I've kinda been a space invader lately...).
So, yesterday, I got home and my lovely LLs were milling around out front. I guess my downstairs neighbor heard water running allllll day and called. So, I'm thinking "Crap. If there's another leak in my apt, I'm gonna flip." There wasn't. Oh no.. they think it's in the walls or something or below the apt. *nervous* So, in the meantime, I have zero h20 at my casa or in the whole buidling. Zero. I showered at Eric's last night and bought water bottles n stuff in my optimistic hope that it'll be fixed sooner than later. (riiiiight...). It's really not that bigofa deal (ask me again in two days) b/c I can always head to my mom's or Eric's, but still. I think I'm at kinda a weird place with the apt. I WANT to move, but is buying a house right now sensible? I dont think so really. *sigh* B/c for example.. if something like this happened while I was the homeowner, well.. that sucks.. and it would likely destroy my savings. Eric was quick to point out that a lot of peeps who I know that own houses are on dual incomes..and were/are on the dink plan which always helps (dual income no kids..haha)...while most of my single friends are renters. Good point, Eric. Good point indeed.
I hate to go on and on about this so thanks for reading this rant. I'm just not sure what to do.. Move? Rent a house? Rent another apt? Try to buy a house and pray nothing goes significantly wrong with it? (for Planner McPlan Jax, that won't work). Just last week, a friend had a tree fall on her house. Um. What?! It's stuff like that which makes me groan with nervousness about being a homebuyer. *le sigh* I wish our community had more townhomes, condos, etc. Plus, there's a part of me now that...while I will always love midtown... am starting to realize the bonus in moving to a newer home.
Without a dual income (or dink plan.. haha.. that still makes me laugh a lot), I'd really like to make a leetle more (wouldn't we all, right? haha) to buck the student loan payments while enabling me to purchase said home without frustration. :) It is what it is, but I'm just feeling a leetle frustrated or something, ya know. Then I start re-evaluating everything-should I consider changing jobs? Then, I start going off in my little brain about my career path. It's really a confusing spiral of thoughts...haha...so I try to avoid sinking into the overly-analytical-self-evaluative process and play the "let's avoid this whole thing" game.. until something breaks in my apt.. *laughing at myself*
*shrug* Moving on...
I have been toooouchy lately. I'm checking it at the door, peeps..or trying to. Ever get like that? Where something that would normally kinda bug ya becomes earth shattering? LOL! It's bizarre. Now that I've acknowledged it, my game plan is to just shove chocolate in my mouth or something when I feel like I'm being touchy. I like this plan. :)
I hope you're having a good Monday! I really am despite sounding like I'm not..haha... I didn't mean for my bloggy to come across that way if it did. Just venting in the abstract, I suppose. :) Have a good day! Weekend update complete with pics to come this evening. :)
Friday, September 25, 2009
* ...walked in the kitchen, realized Gracie got sick...b/c I stepped in it. (Yes, I know. I made the same face when it happened that you're likely making right now. )
* ...cleaned it, now running late
* ...went back to bedroom to get my black UW shirt to wear for my presentation today
* ...and she was laying on it...
* ...couldnt find the lint brush, so shook the hell out of the shirt to remove the white hair, cursing the whole time (not at her, though. She didn't know what was going on...I love that furry little beast *sigh*)
* ...went in the bathroom to grab allergy pill
* ...knocked my vitamin bottle alllll over the bathroom somehow (oh someday to have storage so everything isn't crammed on the same shelf...that would be amazing)
* ...finally got that taken care of and left..
* ...only to get here and realize I left my bagel with strawberry (mmm) cream cheese in a baggie on the counter
* ...so now I'm hungry. Arg.
Ready for the weekend. I'm SO going shoe shopping after work today.. haha.. :) Happy Friday, everyone! Hoping my presentation goes well and very glad the sun's out today! :)
(PS.. Grey's was pretty good last night, right? Yeah. Not amazingsauce, but pretty good. Haven't watched Flash Fwd yet)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
1. I dont really want Bella and Edward to be together in real life. I'm not a fan of these stories in the news, etc. B/c they're teenagers.. and will break up..and then will ruin my movies with their drama. Stopit now. ;)
2. What are your buildings security policies? That sounds creepy. Let me explain.. I'm fascinated by different companies' policies when I go to meetings there. Some take a copy of my drivers license and I have to wear it as a nametag. Some give me copies of their security handbooks. Some have no receptionist and therefore I stand outside scrolling through a posted list of numbers only to pick up the lone phone outside the bldg and hope someone answers when I dial. Others have seemingly zero security, no receptionist, and I walk in, left to roam the halls til someone appears....
3. Dr. Pepper and I have made friends again b/c this place has no Pepsi. I think I'm alright with that.
4. My allergies are FINALLY feeling better. This is good news b/c I have a presentation tomorrow where I'm the only speaker to like 80 ppl in an atrium of a building..aka I'm gonna have to yell a little. I'm somewhat nervous b/c my bossman of my division is coming with me for fun. I like speaking in front of randoms. I dont like the "judging, watching, look at the baby look at the baby.." hahaha...
5. Did you watch Cougar T0wn? It was actually really funny.. like almost laugh out loud funny in an awkward, no-she-didnt, kind of way.. I will watch it again fo sho! Tonight is out of control: Flash Forward, Greys, Project Runway, Community. This also reminds me I need to pay my cable bill.
6. My mom called my dog fat. I'm having issues with this b/c she is starting to look a little rotund. My child is getting obese, people. We've been walking more, dog parking more and I've been cutting her treats in half. I feel like a doggie dietician. Just sayin. ;)
7. I really really really want some sassy heels for my dress this weekend I'm wearing to a wedding! In lieu of purchasing a new dress (even though I really wanted to...and found one I really like), I'm saving money and instead wearing a cute black one I already have (and have only worn once). That said, I wanna buy something that'd get some more wear-fun heels! Maybe some sassy animal print or something funky? Ya know.. something I could also throw with jeans and a black sweater (aka my favorite thing in the winter). Hoping I'll find some!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, bright and early wake up call to head to Norman where we ultimately got slaughtered.. but let's not talk about that. I love going to the games, so it was fun regardless. :) We headed to Eric's dad's friend's tailgate for some yummy food and pregame fun. Can you spot Eric and Timberly? It's tough. ;)
Specks of blue in a sea of crimson...
Timberly and I gave up on the game somewhere around third quarter and started talking about other randomness b/c watching was just too painful..haha..
The most annoying fans of the day. Note everyone sitting around them. Note them standing directly in front of us.. well, directly in front of Timberly actually. It was ridiculous. There really is a soul mate for everyone. And these people found theirs in each other. Likely b/c they were the only two people standing at the football game. Just sayin...
The Golden Hurr!cane didn't have a stellar performance. *sigh* But it really was fun to go! Happy Eric and his dad invited Timberly and me to tag along. :) We had fun... even though we may have taken the TU flag down for the ride home... haha... (PS-Have you seen the new mascot?)
Saturday night, I was so allergy-ed out and Eric had a headache, sooooo we got a pizza, picnicked on the floor and watched tv....til we passed out before 11pm.. haha.. But it was fabulous, people. Fabulous! *Happy sigh*
Hi, I'm Jackie and I should have this outfit. Please tell my credit card company they should award me a bonus for being awesome. Eh? (and this girl also makes me want to dye my hair brown at my appt tomorrow but that's another story).
AND they have awesome jewelry.. like this! But uh.. this is 150 bucks. Yes. It is. Case in point as to why I wasn't lying when I said it was overpriced stuff.
Okay, enough of the ramblingness. I'll give you your life back now. :) Have a great Tuesday!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Kicking off the campaign in the Reynolds Cnter at TU!! :)
Alright, I have my very first presentation on my own tomorrow morning at 7am for about 50 people. I have to introduce a guest speaker, show a video, talk about what we do, answer questions.. agh! Gotta go prep, peeps! Wish me luck-I'm actually quite nervous!