- I am feeling so utterly lazy tonight that I don't want to even do a weekend recap because that requires me to send my mobile photos to myself, upload them, and discuss them. I'll blog all that later. (My personal hashtag right now is #lazylazylazysloth)
- My smashed up iPad is still being fixed. Admittedly getting nervous that they need "just a little more time because they had to order a part." (I didn't take it to Apple b/c the price was double the Mac repair place I found that came highly rated. I really do trust them. I just want my iPad.) Also, let the record show that Eric walked in to Apple this week with HIS messed up iPad (not a broken screen, but tech issues) and they just handed him a new one. This reminds me of the time the cable company totally messed up my bill and Eric told me "Call the cable company and complain about them messing up. That's not cool! They'll be scared you'll quit and give you free HBO. That's what happened when they messed up my bill." I did that. Wanna know what they said? "You'd like to cancel your account? Okay...let me put you through to our cancelation department and they can take care of that." Seriously.
- Eric and I saw Total Recall this weekend and had a debate over whether Jessica Biel or Kate Beckinsale was hotter in the movie. Thoughts?
- While we're on movies, did you know that Dark Knight's villain, Bane, was played by Tom Hardy?! Don't know Tom Hardy? He was Eames in Inception and was in that cute little rom-com called This Means War with Reese Witherspoon. I totally just think I heard your mind blowing as much as mine did. Or you already knew and I am just an idiot. Either way.
- I haven't worked out hard since I got food poisoning. Not proud of myself. I keep googling Jillian's 30 day shred and thinking about it. I think that counts.
- I find myself in tears pretty much every other day when I read/watch/hear of some Olympic athlete's triumph over adversity. I dig it. Not the crying, but the triumph. You got what I meant.
- Jenny and I were at her neighborhood pool at one point over the weekend. The male teenage lifeguards came on duty while we were there. I found myself staring past one of them, remembering the days I lifeguarded- the way I twirled my whistle, the way I yelled "Slow down!" to kids as they ran past me on the concrete, the way I kept the big kids from going down the slide backwards... Ah, those were the days. Anyway, somewhere in the daydream, I snapped of it, realizing he probably thought I was checking him out. Gross. Now I'm the old creepy girl at the suburbia pool. Awesome.
- Lately, I've wanted to start a new hobby...like playing the piano or karate or repelling or something. But, I kinda want to be really good at it immediately, so not sure how that would work.
- Last week, I pretty much determined that Gracie's bad breath meant she had an abscess in her mouth, an infection was spreading rampantly and she needed serious medical help. Rushed her to the vet. Guess what.. She just needs her teeth cleaned. (Don't get me wrong.. I'm thrilled that's all it is, but, I really do sometimes pity my someday-children).
Thanks for joining me on my Monday journey of random bulleted listingness. Hope you had a great weekend, friends... :)