Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Hi friends! How was your last weekend in September? (Whoa, right?!) 

Friday, I went from this... 
...to THIS! :)

And I love it! I have been dying to do a longish bob like Jen's (below). (Don't you like how I act like we're friends by the way-"Oh, ya know.. my buddy, Jen..." haha). 

Mine's prolly a little shorter than hers, but that's cool. I like it a lot!

Friday night, had a brief going away happy hour for my boss. It was fun, but also bittersweet to say goodbye to his days as coworker. :( Since I had a couple happy hour beverages in me, it seemed to make no sense to head home! A girl friend, Ashley, and I headed to have dinner and girl talk at a local restaurant on the patio. The weather here has been too fabulous to waste. All patios, all the time. ;)

Saturday night, headed out to Eric's fam's for some fabulous bbq and to watch the TU game. Alas, TU was once again not victorious. *le sigh* We're coming back this weekend, friends. You just wait.

And today, I made some yumminess I'd discovered on Chelsea's blog- cheesecake stuffed strawberries!

My actual photo! (I'm so proud.. haha) 
They were SO yummy and really easy! And they were a hit at a bbq tonight! I made some extra for Gossip Girl premiere night tomorrow night (we always have GG watch parties at our casa. So glad it's back!) I have a ton of supplies left, so I'll probably make some for the tailgate next weekend, too!

To make:

 Ingredients:
-1 lb strawberries (I actually used two containers or 2lbs b/c strawberries are going out of season, so I wanted to pick out the best ones from each container. I had PLENTY of cheesecake filling for all the berries in both containers). 
-8 oz. (one brick) cream cheese, softened 
-3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs 

Directions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.


Like Chelsea, I thought it would take awhile to cut the center from the berries, but it really didn't at all. Thanks again for posting, Chelsea! :)

Took the berry goodness to a bbq hosted by one of my friends and coworkers, April! Our little team got together to bid farewell to our boss and hang out off the clock.

Friends, check.out.that.cookie.cake April made. Holy yummy. (here's where she got the recipe if you're interested! It was SO good!)


With Jesse (far right). Our little team won't be the same without him... :(

Andrea, me, April 
 Soooo that was the weekend! :)  (I need to get back on board with the San Fran blogging. I know I know.) Happy Monday, everyone!

19 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Love the cut! I need more details on this cookie cake and how did I not know GG starts tomorrow!? I probably need to be watching more CW anyway to feed my inner-teeny bopper. :)

Ashley said...

I love your new do! So adorable! I've seen a few cute fall hairdos on different blogs lately- making me want a change!

Ps. those cheesecake stuffed strawberries look AMAZING! :)

Ashley Voyles said...

Your new hair cut is too cute!! Wish I was currently growing mine out for my wedding, otherwise would love to do this! :)

C Mae said...

I LOVE your new hair!!! And I LOVE this new recipe you shared!!!!!! :) I am so doing this for the next whatever gathering I get invited to!!!

Don't laugh, but I googled what a pearing knife is. It looks like the same knife I use to cut fruits and vegetables with do I have that right? Don't they make a knife that cuts circles out of things?!? Advice!! :)

Unknown said...

I love the new hair! So spunky, but very professional at the same time. :)
I found those strawberries on pinterest not too long ago. They are SO good!!!

Miss Chelsea said...

Yay I'm glad the strawberries turned out so good! I looooove the haircut! And I love your red jeans (actually the whole outfit), where'd you get em??

KatiePerk said...

The hairdo is fabulous!! I am making those strawberries ASAP!

Christine said...

Ahh! you're hair looks SO good! Just like Jen! :) And I've been meaning to try to make those strawberries! Did you use one of those fancy strawberry core-ers or just go at it with a knife?

Chelsea said...

Your hair is absolutely adorable and complements your face beautifully! :) It sounds like it was another wonderful weekend for ya! Those cheesecake stuffed strawberries look sooo yummy! Since you said it didn't take too long to cut out the centers, I might have to give them a shot :)

Kaitlin said...

Love the new cut! I keep seeing cute bobs on Pinterest and it is pulling me in that direction again...

Katie said...

LOVE the new do!! I've been wanting to cut mine for a while too but since my hair takes FOREVER to grow, I thought I would wait until I'm absolutely sick of the length!

Lindsay said...

LOVE the cut! It looks awesome :) And those strawberries sound a-maz-ing!!! Miiiight have to try those at some point...

Trish said...

Cute hair!!! Are you still loving the new tinted moisturizer you switched to?

Trish

Hollie Ann said...

i've been obsessing over jen's short cut! it looks adorable on you!!!

Lindsay said...

Your haircut is adorable! I cut mine short also recently and it was a little too short at first, but now I like it since it's a "longer bob" now!

Meredith said...

Love the bob!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Your hair looks great! I like it but I am LOVING those red jeans!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ok I am still catching up on blogs and I know its like a month late but I LOVE your new 'do!!

Unknown said...

Those strawberries look amazing!