I dont *feel* moody per se...but I AM. I mean REALLY moody. I dont even realize I'm acting abnormally until I'm like "what the hell is my problem?" and I cant answer it with anything worthy of my mood.. haha.. And we know that's a big deal b/c I can rationalize anything. :)
So, after I starting thinking back to recent "episodes," (aka Jax=super bitch) I realized I had been (1) drunk and (2) during that "time" ....when I lost my sh*t. Okay, so I had originally thought it was just the drinking...but I dont think it is... at all actually. I rarely drink to the excess and I've since been toasty and been a pleasant, giggly person like normal. And I can recall some serious moodiness even without the wine..
So, then I started researching..
There are message boards after message boards about women with moodiness from bc pills. So, I started researching OTHER pills in an attempt to switch... Most of the other ones seem WORSE than mine! WTF?! And there are tons of complains about lack of sex drive. What?! Um... I dont think a birth control pill should prevent pregnancy by making you not want sex...haha.. I guess it accomplishes the goal, but seriously. Lamesauce. Basically, I think the whole thing blows....
And I ripped the heel thing off my boot. That's not fun either. Hmph. (Just wanted to get all the complaining into one blog). ;)
9 comments:
I was in ortho-lo before going off, and honestly, I will NEVER take a hormonal bc method ever again! I'm psycho enough-- I don't need to manipulate my body with synthetic hormones and all the issues they can and do lead to. Rant over!
sucks about your boot. I hate when crap like that happens.
haha! I was gonna switch to that one and read that it has MORE complaints than mine! That's NUTS.. and they're both "low" dose pills. Jeez.us. What does a high dose pill do?! ha!
Yeah... I have a theory why birth control pills work for me: They make me so fat and bitchy that no one would f*** me with a ten foot pole.
At least I could use a 10 foot pole as a weapon this time of the month. Hmm....
hmm... what are you on? i've always loved being on bc, going on six uninterrupted years of pills and i've never had emotional/hormone-related problems. i've switched pills a couple of times because my body seems to acclimate to a pill and then i get bad cramping again (plus i've gained weight and been unable to lose it ever since starting hormonal bc), but every time i switch, everything is cool again. i've been on ortho-lo, mercette, regular ortho and now i'm on levora. but i'm switching back to ortho-lo, because that was definitely my favorite. i think the same pill can do different things to different people. i have low levels of estrogen anyway, so the pill helps even things out for me. but if you naturally have higher hormone levels, therein may lie your problem. talk to your doctor! ;)
dude, i was bananas on ortho, but since i switched to ortho lo, i haven't had an incident at all. i do feel a slight heightened sense of myself when i'm PMSing (code for i cry more easily!), but that'll happen whether i'm on the pill or not. definitely talk to your doctor. there's like a billion options out there. good luck finding one that you love, sweet girl. xo
i am with you. i go totally insane when that time comes. i think that may just be me though, LOL. i was on ortho-evra when i first went on BC 10 years ago then i went to the patch which was great until it started itching now i am on generic something that stars with an L that i havent had a period with in almost 3 years *smileing to the gods* i do have headaches but it isnt anything that i cant take some migraine meds for or ibuprofen (pain pills on the weekends) and be good to go!
talk to you your doctor i changed DRs and i have the best now and i can talk to him about anything and hes willing to do anything to help!
lol - best post ever!
I have no advice or feedback... I did find this all very entertaining.
WAIT, I have known a few girls throughout my life time and maybe it's not the pill....
*kidding - geez, you could cut the estrogen in here with a knife.
birth control made me nuts and i mean nuts, so crazy that even my mom suggested i stop. i went the non-hormonal route like maria, but of course, you really have to proceed with caution when doing so...and by no means am i suggesting that you go without...i'm not on that soap box. you should definitely talk to your doctor because there has to be something out there that will work for you. i believe every word of it making you crazy. i get it.
-amanuensvagen4
Post a Comment