Wednesday, July 1, 2009

St. Lucia Day Six - Part Deux

Okay, let's see...where did I leave you last? We arrived at our villa! We made jokes about the number...til we saw it. Yeah.  I feel so lucky about this villa. We really had an amazing trip and ending it with such an outstanding upgrade made things even better, which I didn't think was possible. :) 
Once we did an crazy excited run through exclaiming "Look at this! No way!" we started exploring in a little more detail... 

These were doors in front of our bed....
And opened up to this....:)
and this... 
Heading back in, here's the main room! Bathroom to back left...
The bathroom may have had a clawfoot tub.. Not like I noticed...or played in it...or anything. Whatever. ;) And I've fully decided I want a chandelier in my bathroom. Yeah. 
After my bathtub modeling, I heard Eric exclaim  "Outdoor shower!" Within seconds, it became part of the photoshoot.. haha..
So really we could take our pick between the outdoor one...or the indoor one with SIX SHOWER HEADS.  (wowowowow)
Okay, I wanted a sarong. BAD. I finally found one and then forgot to wear it half the week! Lol! So of course, I was like "I need a picture in my sarong!!!!" Wow. I need help. Anyway, we (Eric) figured out how to set the timer and have it take not just one...but multiple pics in a row..thereby enabling us to pose hilariously. This totally captures how excited we were and I love it!!
We can't leave the plunge pool out of the photoshoot. Duh. 


This whole thing is taking place while we're "getting ready to go to the beach." haha... So, once Eric grabbed the knife that may have intimidated the shark, I was like "omg! let's re-enact!!" After a few "no.. I didnt get it.. Jump again.. nope.. do it again..." we got this! Hello, Jackie and Eric date b/c they're easily entertained by each other. hahaha! (and his shark fighting skills are superior).
Finally! We went to the beach! Where those boats are is where Mr. Sharky was. If you look in the distance, you can see little heads in the background snorkeling. Yup. That's.where.we.were. We escaped death, people. 
Conversation:
Me: Hi, would you take our photo and try to get the...the...
Guy: That great big mountain? Yeah,  I got it. 
We both laughed. Guess that's kinda a given backdrop I suppose... *shrug*
I am so.freaking.brave. This is me very proud of myself post snorkeling after seeing the shark the day before. I look as ridiculous as I felt I looked. Whatever. 
Then...I was kinda over it...lol! I think Eric seriously wanted to see a shark. He kept saying "Let's swim across to the swim beach!" (which would have meant FROM the snorkeling area, ACROSS the murky waters and into the swim beach). 
*I just sighed deeply* Ah, to be back there....
Eric vs. The Piton. 
Headed back up and got ready for our last dinner. Took a few photos in the process. This one makes me smile. :)

White men CAN jump. Thanks. 
Since the rooms were up the mountains, we had to take a shuttle down.. which arrived about 45 seconds after we called. Nice. 
I would like another vacation now. 
We got to Martha's and she'd set up a little table just for us b/c our cab driver, Super Dave, had told her we were coming! We were the only ones there and it was a little house they'd also made into a restaurant. The owner and her daughter came out and talked with us, etc.. Such great people!
Our view. :) They made us so much food to be the only customers there that night! I mean.. it's low season, so that's understandable, but they made us feel like they had tons of food back there and couldn't be happier for us to try it all. So wonderful. 
Eric had a convo with this guy while taking the picture... :)
Sooo.. I love names in the sand pics.. and we totally forgot til nighttime! We decided to grab a couple beers and go for a walk on the beach. Sat in some chairs and chatted, looking up at the blanket of stars stretching piton to piton... gorgeous. 
Okay, so we may have headed back to the room and chilled out in our hotel robes. Eric was like "you're not really going to post that anywhere anyway" after we took the below photo. I said "Um.. have we met?" I can't even explain how this happened, but there was laughter before and after it and that's all that matters.. and I love it... hahaha.. 
Eric was over photo-ing and ready for bed.... Soo I gave in. Last photo of day 6. What a fabulous last full day on the island. Couldn't have asked for more. :)
Next round, our last half day.. So sad. I feel like we're leaving all over again.. haha... 

8 comments:

melissa said...

that place is beeeeeautiful! i love all the pics, jackie! :)

Jennifer said...

I love all the pics and I love that you take so many. I always miss you at events because I never have any pictures. Sad.

Ashley said...

That villa is amazing!! And i absolutely love that bathroom!

katandkarl said...

the view from the chairs on the balcony... omg...i am not sure i would have left THAT ONE SPOT. additionally we had outdoor showers and toilets in the villa in puerta vallarta... showering outside was my favorite thing to do. nothing like that view!!

Sarah said...

Love all of your St. Lucia pictures. And you know what I love even more? I love that Eric takes so many pictures with you! Some guys would not be so cool :) He rocks. So do you.

Happy B-day!!

Anonymous said...

isn't it so hard to come down from a vacation? i am going through the same thing. i keep thinking "this time last week i was in paris!" and i get sad b/c i know my next vacay is pretty far away. it's like the day after your birthday (in your case, tomorrow) when you know your next birthday is the farthest away it could be. blah.

but...i also want a chandellier in my bathroom AND a clawfoot tub. my grandparents had one and i always bathed in it growing up, so it reminds me of them. my ideal bathroom would have a clawfoot tub, chandellier and windows that overlook something fabulous (obviously it would have to be private). oh, and a shower with about 9 shower heads, including a rain one that is overhead. i say all this as i look around my teeny apartment...

L

Lauryl Lane said...

a.maze.ing. i want to stay in that villa. ps. you and eric take the most hysterical and entertaining photos. i love it.

Stacia said...

you two are precious. beautiful pics!