Eric was on an annual ski trip this weekend so I had the casa to myself til today. This weekend started off a little bumpy but righted itself and turned out pretty solid. :) Why did it start out bumpy? Below you'll find the weekend in photos, clockwise order...
1. Thursday night work reception thing. (If I do something on Thurs evening, I always include it in the "weekend" in my head). Picture it. EXTREMELY windy downtown. No...you're not thinking windy enough. More wind. Okay...you're there now. Wind + your clumsy friend Jackie= epic clumsiness. I was leaving a reception (in a dress), wind blew a hotel door back into me as I was pushing it to leave, I got off balance and hit the pavement. Casualties: my thumb (just badly jammed I think b/c it's better today), my palm, my (very scraped) knees, a toe, my pride (since the dress flew up)...and my iPhone screen. Lame.sauce. So glad it wasn't worse. Lesson: I'm not only clumsy on stairs (the breaking back incident of 2008), but also in windy doorways. Cool.
2. Friday, things got way better. :) Some friends and I went to a totally random bar (complete with mardi gras decor) to hear a potential band for the wedding! Love them for coming with me. Cocktails + dive bar + friends + good music = voluntary memory loss about the tumble taken on Thurs night. :) All of us voted in favor of the band, so I just need to make it official this week! So excited!
3. Saturday morning, participated in The Focus Group's photo workshop themed around Valentines Day. Got to wear an adorable white pants romper from my friend's new spring line. I think I smelled faintly of smoke and dive bar from the night before, but it certainly doesn't look like it in the photo above taken by my very talented friend, graphic designer and photographer, Sherman! He's such a rockstar. :) The Focus Group is such a cool org with great people and I'm really lucky I've gotten to join them in some of their projects.
4. Got home from the shoot and two adorable (and very LARGE) dogs wandered up to me. Obviously someone's pets, the pups looked lost and thirsty. I opened my back gate and they went right on in like they owned the place. :) We have a local lost and found Fbook page in Tulsa, so I posted info there. Within 2 hours, the owner had seen the fbook post (thanks to others' shares!) and was coming to get his dogs! So happy they're home! Definitely a top feel-good moment of the week.
5. Fun couples shower for Ryan and Jessica! They're getting married on a Caribbean cruise next month! (They're huge OSU fans..hence the orange and black). I could totally use a cruise right now, couldn't you?
6. Finished Saturday with a fabulous little wine and cheese party thrown for April's birthday. I'd never paired wines and cheeses (at least the way they're supposed to be paired), so it was fun AND educational. I think the wine may have wiped out the ability to retain the education I gained about the right cheeses for certain wines, though...haha...
Not pictured** Today, I may have vacuumed a sock into the attachment hose and spent 30 minutes trying to use large sticks from the yard to poke down into the hose to dislodge said sock. Now there's a broken stick AND a sock lodged in the hose. Just call me Susie Homemaker.