Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Recap!

LIVE! from my sofa watching Desperate Housewives on the dvr a little late ..and blogging of course. :)

My Friday evening kicked off with Eric's work Christmas Party-it was really fun... especially as far as work parties go. :) He works with a great group of people! We played some Pictionary (yes, we did.. and...the girls won), had some festive beverages and lots of food. Then, the men all went outside and smoked cigars and had a few belly laughs us chicks could hear all the way inside... then came inside smelling...um.. interesting. haha.. And I had enough of a voice to not scare anyone! :) Seriously.. I WASNT sick, but I sounded sick. I had this fear that no one at the work party would talk to me for fear I had the swine or something.

Afterwards, Eric and I headed to meet up with Timberly and some peeps for her bday! Her birthday isn't til this week, but some of her friends surprised her :) I would like to borrow her long, gorgeous hair for just an evening. Just sayin.. :)
Saturday night, Eric and I had dinner at a fab little Mexican place in Broken Arrow I'd never tried (side note: Eric knows ALL the best little Mexican places and I know how to try them all. Together, we're a good pair. haha.. mmmmmm... ) (Additional side note: I can't stop craving Mexican. I'm usually pretty bad, but it's getting ridiculous. I could eat it um.. right now... and then again tomorrow) Anyway, then, headed to Rhema for some Christmas light looking :) I was a leetle over excited for some colorful lights wrapped around trees. It is what it is.
No idea.. bahaha...He looks like someone stole his candy cane...
Things every light display needs: techno music. (Sandstorm may or may not have been playing as the lights flickered with the beat at one part of the walkway). Dance party ensued for like 3 seconds :)
Self timer + hilarious leg kick = this photo
Played with some camera settings so you could actually make us out in the pic without killing the lights.. Not great, but I still dig it! :)
"Is the security guard looking? No? Okay.. go now!" We're so mature... :)
Then we headed to a coffee/tea place for some warm beverages b/c um.. we were numb. Side note: Did you know red tea doesn't have caffeine? Like it. :) I had so much fun Sat night! If there hadn't been a line for Santa, I might have sat on his lap. Or stood next to him. Whatever is less creepy. ;)

Excellent, but COLD weekend! A water main broke down the street (it seems things are always breaking around here, huh? haha). I didn't have water for awhile, but now it's back. Now if the incessant drilling would stop... Eh, well.. I just hope they restore everyone's water tonight. It's so cold; I couldn't imagine working out there right now..esp likely standing in water. I'll take my job as a strategist inside the warm office even if I did have to go in to work for a bit today...

I've been going back and forth from holiday cheerful to semi funktastic. It's very bizarre and I'd like the holiday cheer to just come and stay. I'm actually kinda excited about the post where I tell you what's been stressing me b/c I'm totally hoping for "good decision, you rock" comments.. haha...

Today, I put out my nutcrackers (did you know I LOVE nutcrackers)? When I have a mantle, I will have lots and lots of nutcrackers on it.. I mean.. not an absurd tacky amount, but ya know...haha... :) And my little tree is all lit up! I kinda think I want xmas lights to stay up til March.. b/c they make me happy. When spring returns in March, people can put them away. Jackie has spoken. *affirmative nod*

Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend!

(and did you see Holly's show? It makes me sad.. b/c it's um.. a bad show. But also b/c I miss her with Hef. :( I actually sat and thought "maybe they'll get back together.." Wow. I know).

28 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Looks like so much fun babe!! The lighting was gorgeous and of course ya'lls pictures crack me up. Where did you set the camera to take it with the timer? That's always the difficult part!

J said...

Love the pics!!! You guys always have so much fun, such a cute couple!!

Can't wait to see Christmas decor pics!! : D

Shannon Dew said...

awe you guys went and saw lights this weekend too!!! Great pics!

Marian said...

Sounds like a fabulous little weekend. I love going to look at holiday lights!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Very cute....love the last picture...very funny!

Brittney said...

What fun pictures! Love your boots!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love the pictures, too fun!! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I have never been the Rhema lights. We need to go this year.

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Ah...the lights look amazing. Christmas lights are just the best - ever. ;) Happy Monday.

Alison said...

That picture of your b/f looking sad cracks me up! I love when you get random funny pictures that you weren't expecting! The one of you guys up close with the lights all blurry in the back is really pretty too.

I wanted to see Holly's show but I missed it. I'm sad that it sucked. :(

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome -- love the leg kick especially! I did see Holly's show -- it was pretty terrible but that is why it was so good! haha!

S said...

I love the pics of you and Eric! Yall are such a photogenic couple :) Thank you for putting my finals stress in perspective - at least I'm not working on a busted watermain in this weather.
I am so jealous of you for having your Christmas decorations up. Mine typically don't get done until after finals. And then I only get to enjoy them for like a day before we leave for family time. *SIGH*
I did see Holly's show. 1) She is(apparently) into a gay guy and I'm not sure she knows it. 2) Didn't her little assistant Angel test for playmate a while ago and now she has a child and lives with her parents - intersting. 3) I wanted to strangle her when she talked about the traffic to the mayor. 4) I really miss her and Hef too b/c those twins are annoying, but Crystal is ok.
Have a great week doll!

Laura and Ryan said...

How cute! You guys are adorable.

What channel is Holly's show on?

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Such cute pictures! That place looks like a winter wonderland! I think sometime this week my friends and I are going to go around looking at lights. It just puts you in the Christmas mood!

Ashley said...

Yay for nutcrackers!! I really want to start collecting them but we have zero room in the current house, so I'm waiting to start until we move one of these days! We planned on going to Rhema this year, but haven't yet..we will see if we actually do it or not. I've never walked through, only driven! Haha, I'm a big whimp when it comes to the cold!

mommywonderland said...

You guys are ADORABLE!!! Love the pic of your man with the pout face! And you miss thang with the boots! Whoa! Happy Monday!!!

Tatiana said...

Yay for winning pictionary! And you guys are just soo adorable every time! I love that pouting face picture! He does look like someone stole all his candy! You guys crack me up every single time! Happy Monday gorgeous!

Ginger said...

awesome pics!! you two are so stinking cute!! I love nutcrackers too but I currently only have 1 hopefully I can start an actual collection once we have a house :)

Sierra said...

What pretty lights and it looks like you had such an amazing time! Nutcrackers are the best, wish I owned some! Have a great week sweetie!

SassyCassie said...

So desperate housewives was crazy! I wonder who died?!?!

I didn't see Holly's show, but I DVR'd it so I'll catch up tonight!

Annie said...

love the pics girly, looks like you two had a lot of fun looking at lights! you look beautiful as always, in all the pics!
i totally agree with you we should all leave our christmas decor out until march! perfect! ;)
i didn't watch holly's show but i did watch desperate housewives and i can not believe they left us hanging like that! boo!
i hope you are having a good day hun!! stay out of that funk!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

What a fun, Christmas-tastic weekend! Can I just say I also felt REALLY bad for Holly. That show was terrible, and sad thing is, I actually had high hopes. Sigh....

I'm also kind of going in limbo between being really excited for the holidays and kind of not caring. I'm hoping all of my holiday blog posts will get me more in the Christmas spirit!

Cheerio darlin'!

Meredith said...

I heart Rhema and its cheesiness. :)

Ok, re. your question about the hair. I use a curling iron! I think it's a 2" barrel. Maybe 1.5. Anyway, I put it on the hottest setting, section my hair, and while I'm curling my hair the iron is held straight up (perpendicular to the ground). Wait about 10 seconds for each piece. Also--after I've curled it I let my hair completely cool before I kind of tousle it. Letting it sit for awhile sets the curl so it doesn't immediately droop. I hope that helps!

And thanks again for the job congrats. I will tell you about my job as SOON as I know more about it. I feel like an idiot going to work and not knowing what I'm about to do-ha! But, for what it's worth, my official title is "CCIP/Underwriting Assistant." See what I mean?!

Stacia said...

LOVE the hat on you! so cute!
What is Holly's show called?

Jenny DB said...

Ahh hilarious pictures - I love it:) sounds like you guys had a great weekend!! I'm jealous eric's company xmas party sounds so much better than the usually shmoozing corporate ones!

I Haven't put tree or lights up this year yet and am kinda sad about that, but also kind of stressing> of course last year (2 years ago?I cant remember) I didn't take the tree down til April... actually I think the roommate got annoyed and took it down in April. I have issues with decorating.

Jen said...

Ohh I love the Christmas light display! I'd love to see that!

Lived With Love said...

JAXXXX please can you do a post on what your exercise and diet regime is? like how often you workout and for how long for and what a typical days diet would be? I envy your figure and need a little help! lol!! thanks xxx

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Those pictures are adorable... and I love that you played pictionary at his work party! Those games are so much fun. Those lights are so cool... you two are adorable!