I have so much catching up to do on some bloggidies, but had some time in between making guacamole for the partay (for the first time! Let's hope it's edible) and getting all geared up in my flapper attire and opted to put some thought into my resolutions/2010 goals!
Sooo.. here they are.. some random ones and some more serious ones.. In random order:
1. Get my slowly-creeping-closer-to-30 (ew) ass in shape. I have a gym membership. I pay for it every month. But uh... fairly certain my payment as basically been a donation to the gym for the past six couple months b/c I haven't been doing a helluva lot there. *head hung in shame* And I'm workin on a couch to 5K, too!! So that's another goal! Run a 5K this year! Last year, I was "considering changing gyms." Well, that's great, Jax, but to which.one. haha.. SO now I've officially selected a couple that have classes at times that'll work for me and that I'll enjoy and might actually make the switch! One's closer to work and one's closer to home. Obvious bonuses for both-what about you if you commute a little bit for work-prefer a gym closer to work or closer to home? :)
2. Finish.my.bedroom. Last year, I got a new bed that I just needed to paint and then I'd planned to revamp the whole room. Um.. happy 2010 to my old bedroom. haha... I will finish the bed and get new linens, etc, curtains, and make my vision a reality. *affirmative nod*
3. Keep up with the financially planning thing, saving, etc etc.. (This also includes a ceasefire in my rapid shopping lately. Even when it's cheap -love you, Target and Forever21-that doesn't mean it's necessary.)
4. Last year and years prior, I maintain traveling or seeing as much of the country/world as fiscally and feasibly possible. I firmly believe life's about experiences as well as the people you share them with. :) I was very blessed to go to out of town quite a bit last year-Dallas with Eric, and some other places... and cant forget St. Lucia! Doubt I'll be taking as fabulous a vacay as St. Lucia this year, but am resolving to take some time off and go somewhere(s) for sure-even more weekend trips-hopefully with that guy I kinda dig. ;)
5. Make sure the people I care about KNOW I care about them. I'm a big person on maintenance in relationships of all kinds-friends, dating, family. But, sometimes as life gets busy, etc letting people know you care gets tossed aside. And yeah, sure they "know"...but just doesn't hurt to remind em when possible. :)
6. Continue personal development at work, professionally. :) Had a stellar year with all this and hope to continue on the path I'm on and build from it! :)
7. Learn how to cook more (and better..haha)! I've been trying to learn new things and give em a shot. Watch out, here comes domestic Jax! ha!
Overall, I really loved 2009...and my cynical self worries for 2010 b/c 2009 was seriously such a great year. :) haha.. I'm lame, I know. I feel like 2009 was a very blessed year in a lot of regards and I'm so thankful. I'm hoping to keep up all the good stuff that happened in 2009 and build from it as much as possible! May any challenges end on a positive and may 2010 bring much happiness and many blessings!!
I hope you all had a great New Years Eve whatever you did-home with fam, out with friends/fam...whatever the case, wishing you the best! :) The 1920s party was awesome! Cant wait to upload photos! Couldn't imagine a better way to ring in 2010! :) (and ps.. the guac I made WAS edible-yeehaw!)
17 comments:
Happy 1,000th!!
Check out younghouselove.com for bedroom decorating ideas. They give me some fantabulous ideas!!
Happy 2010!
Love ya!!!!!!
Happy happy new year! I'm glad 2009 was such a great year and lets bring on 2010! And I especially love your #4 resolution, I am all about traveling too. Hope you are having a great start to the new year!
Haha-you're already making progressing on being more domestic if your guac was edible!
Happy New Year Jax!
Love these! I especially cracked up at your #1 with you saying you make a monthly donation to your gym! I think the majority of us do this! ha. I am SO bad about it. I hope you have an amazing 2010, and I am so glad we have "met" through the blog world. I love "getting to know you" through your blog!! Happy 2010!
Girl I have been making a monthly donation to the gym for almost 2 years now--Im blaming in on having a baby but seriously I need to get there or just cancel it ha! Love your list and Happy 2010!
Here's to another FABULOUS year!!!
Happy New Year! I need to figure out my 2010 goals!
I like your goals. They are reasonable and realistic. I need to make some myself!
Love your 2010 goals! Oh and I say go for a gym closer to your home or work. I would bring my gym bag to work and go straight from there for awhile butttt then I would hate driving home. I'd rather be closer to home so on weekends I can just hop right over. Of course now that I was kicked out of the Y....I need to look for somewhere else to go too. boo!
Oh, I like the idea of cooking more in 2010....or learning how to cook!! I think I may just add that to my list as well:)
Yay for 2010!!! xoxo
Fabulous goals! Happy new Year!
Cheers to another wonderful year!
Great goals, btw.
Awesome list...you're gonna rock 2010!!
These are great goals. Stumbled across your blog, love it.
I'll be following :-)
Great goals love - especially like the traveling, saving, and working out goals. I am working on that too. You are going to do great!
Post a Comment