Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Good Monday, friends! How was your weekend?
I realize I slacked on last weekend's post so maybe I'll add stuff lata. Last week while I was blog slacking, I also helped host a successful Young Alum event at my alma mater (Woohoo!) and had a girls night at Jenny's. She's having a construction-themed bday ("Can You Dig It" - how cute is that?!) for her little boy this weekend and we helped make construction signs like "Toddler Zone" etc.. haha.. Sarah and I had a bit of wine and started making inappropriate words with the letters. Wine makes crafts more fun. Just saying. ;)

Anyway as for the weekend, it was pretty awesome. As I've mentioned, Eric and I have been a tinge overcommited (I always hear the Britney song "Overprotected" but substitue "Overcommitted" in my head. Odd? I know..."Say hello.. to the girl... that I am..." haha.. ). Sooooo I convinced him to take Friday off work...and I did the same.. and I planned a little day trip to OKC! Neither one of us had taken a day off since before the holidays. Anyway, not exactly anywhere luxurious or tropical, but definitely different from the norm and a fun little day trip. :)

We started off at a Mexican Restaurant (duh, you know us) called Mama Roja  for lunch on Lake Hefner. It was a tinge chilly and cloudy, but the lake was still pretty (not as pretty as the below photo of Lake Hefner I stole from google images, but pretty nonetheless...).

After lunch, we headed to the Myriad Gardens that just reopened. The botanical gardens were quite pretty and cool to experience in their first couple weeks being open to the public! In the pic below, you'll see an outdoor ampitheater behind us (awesome) and the indoor gardens are to the left. 

Below is an arial shot of the whole thing. It reminded me a bit of Millenium Park in Chicago... Very cool. 
So we totally paid and went inside the greenhouse part. Duh. I mean why not. Eric likes cactus. (Okay, so I told him to do this. Whatever)
Indoor bridge across the garden :)
Indoor waterfall...
The plants were actually quite impressive. We did a few nods at each other like "these are cool."
From there, we headed to explore a few more places and finished up around 4ish with a drink on the outdoor deck at Nonna's in Bricktown. :) It was a bit windy, but with jackets and the sun out, it was perfect!

Courtest of google images :)
  I caught him relaxing. I'd say the day was a success... :)
And then he saw me snapping his photo and did this...haha..
We walked to a nearby movie theater and saw Thor (so-so flick), and then headed back to T-town (an hour and a half drive or so), listening to the Thunder game on the way home. They were playing in Memphis that night or else I would've tried to get tix to the game. Perfect day away. :)

Saturday night, Eric and I headed to a late dinner at India Palace. I've decided Indian food is totally an acquired taste b/c I have grown to really dig it, despite not digging it at ALL the first time I went. Anyhoo, then we were total fat kids indulged in chocolate fondue for dessert at The Melting Pot. Kinda random, but so yummy! In short, we definitely did a lot of out-of-the-routine stuff this weekend, which was really kinda fun. :)


Sunday, I attended a bridal shower for a friend of mine, Lauren. (She's in the blue/white dress above). :) We went to law school together, but actually became closer when we realized we lived across the breezeway from each other at our old apartments. :) We bonded over things like 10+ days w/o power during an ice storm...and a random homeless man who liked to splash himself with water from our breezeway's birdbath whilst twirling around and singing. And randomly, her fiance and some of my friends were already friends! Such a small world! :) Excited for her wedding in Kansas City in the fall!

I also made it to the gym once this weekend. I consider that a personal victory. Where has my motivation gone? Blah. Been thinking of doing a bootcamp, but I SO hate to spend $125 bucks just to create accountability for myself...

Anyhoo, great weekend doing some different things, enjoying a day off with Eric, and preparing to round the corner to summahtime! Hope ya'll had a great one!

17 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I was in OKC from Wed-Thu and I was out at Lake Hefner eating lunch one of those days. We ate at something Grill...it used to be Pearls Seafood. Glad you had a good weekend!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Those gardens are beautiful... and girl, you are seriously adorable! Love the last picture at the bridal shower!

Marian said...

When a weekend includes Mexican...it is always a success:)

Saw Thor this weekend as well...and I actually thought it was pretty good, but I had pretty low expectations for it and was only going because Liam wanted to. Plus, Thor was pretty easy on the eyes....yaknowswhatImean;)

Kerr said...

mexican=winning

gym over the weekend=sucess. I have no motivation and I swear I think a tape worm recently. I can not stop eating. someone needs to stop me, its bathing suit season!

Mateya said...

Sounds fun! I love that you two took the day off together to do something fun...great idea!

Love the dress you wore to the bridal shower!

Rendy said...

As an OKC'er we LOVE Mama Roja's... My girlfriends & I have decided its the best Mexican food in the city (and definitely the best view). My hubs even agrees, if you ever go back try the fire roasted salsa, so good, but they do it on a request basis.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

AH! Are you going to be in KC for the wedding?!? That would be super cool if you were...perhaps a quick meet up while you're in town!

S said...

So glad you got your relaxation time :)

Jamie Pickle said...

Looks like you had the perfect day for some you time!! I love days like that.

Abby said...

Aw I think a little getaway sounds so fun! Glad you got to relax a little!

katie@tulsadetails said...

That mini vacay (or as my husband calls it - a trip on a tankful) looks so fun! You have inspired me to go to the botanical gardens there too! Looks like a great weekend!

Lauryl Lane said...

When I lived (briefly) in OKC, I could walk to the Myriad gardens from my place. So beautiful. It looks even more amazing now! Glad you guys got a day off work-- important to take every once in a while. ;-) xoxo

Lindsay said...

What a fun weekend!!Taking a random Friday off unexpectedly = AMAZING IDEA. I should look into doing that haha

Jen said...

You are so cute! You look great at the bridal shower; great pic!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It's great that you guys took a day for just yourselves! Love your dress at the bridal shower!

Stacia said...

Oh what I would give for a day of relaxation!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

How fun!! That garden just looks awesome!