Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kids say the darndest..and the meanest...things!!

So, I ate dinner with my mom tonight at Utica Sq. Then, we sat and listened to Thurs night music on the square for a little bit.. First of all, my mom knew everyone.. When did she get a social life? Sheez! I love it! :) Second of all.. a kid said something to me.. But let me preface first....

Isnt it weird that kids can totally hurt your feelings b/c they're SO unedited?? I mean.. they can also make you feel SO good.... Okay.. so...That said..

1. I was once told (by a child I was teaching swim lessons to) "Miss Jackie, you're too big for my (swim) robe...you're REALLY big... but.. I guess you're not as big as a house.." (gee thanks, kid)
2. (by another swim lesson child) "You have red lines in your eyes. My mommy gets those sometimes." (awesome, kid.. thanks for telling me I looked like the hangover I felt)
3. (by a child I babysat) "You talk too fast." (Um...whatever brat)

*****
4. I could go on and on.. but tonight, this adorable little girl was passing out fans.. prolly about 7 years old.. and she stopped at me and said "Wow. You're beautiful." I wanted to embrace her and say "I am taking you home forever if you can just repeat that when I wake up in the morning, go to sleep....um.. just whenever.." LOL!! Anyway, it was sweet and I was way flattered. It's kinda like receiving a compliment from a gay guy.. I mean.. c'mon girls, we all know those are priceless b/c it's coming from someone with a penis.. that has no intention of seeing our boobs...Fabulous!

As for SYTYCD, *sigh* I really didnt like Fayena (sp??) but I dont think that other guy should have gone home.. Whatever....

PS.. I got PAID.. My first check at the new jobbie!! :) Love it!! (oh, and still loving the job btw.. makes me wonder what the hell I was thinking for so long!)

PPS.. Yeah, Shelby, I think it'll be a gay bar, too.. Seriously.. Hmm.. But, then I might like it... Less ass-grabbing trash.... Well.. maybe..

No comments: