Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Tell him that's the secret handshake...."

So, our housemom, Mom Jan, just took a housemom position at UT (she's sticking with Chi O, though) :)). Kat, Aud and Sarah all came in town to help us send her off right! She was literally packing the Uhaul as we were there.. It was great to sit with her in the old Chi O living room and reminisce, catch up, and basically just hang together.. :)


Good old McFarlin.. Where I spent WAY too many nights writing papers at the last minute.. and by last minute I mean 3 or 4 am.. STARTING them. Nice . Met lots of people that way.. avoiding the inevitable that is.. I think that was when George and I had our first conversation actually! Ah.. McFarlin.. lol!


"MJ" as we often called her was the one who saw us all go through a LOT of growing up, somehow made sure we stayed out of trouble, got fed, were taken care of if we were sick, all while letting us do the college things like come home loud and intoxicated at 3am without saying a word.. :) Love me some MJ! Did I mention that the friggin house at UT has a POOOOOOL?! Yeah. Assholes. :) Do you recognize this room? This position? Yeah, I thought you. Dirty whore. ;)

The sign/headstone that someone thought wouldnt really look like one. Whatever.. we love it :) I wish I could scan the photo in of our senior year when we all looked a leetle younger, a leetle less posed..and a bit more silly (as I laid backwards over the sign while people dog piled all around it. :)
Hangin at Jenny's on Friday night. :)

Eating at Cosmos.. and playing Apples to Apples.. .aka my new favorite game b/c I kick ass. I'll kick yours. Fact. ;)
Gracie and Henry... the cutest little friends EVER. Watching them run around with each other might have been the most entertaining and adorable thing Ive seen in awhile. I took videos.. Really.
Feeling more comfy with each other, the two new best friends literally wrestled with each other ALL breakfast on Sunday morning! It was HILARIOUS! Gracie would pin..yes pin.. Henry.. then wham.. he'd jump up and get her... I think we're gonna have to do mini dog playdates more often.. :)
SO great to see everyone and have a rather girly weekend!
Oh.. and thank God we're a bit older, a bit wiser.. and drink a bit less.. b/c I got pulled over coming home from Jenny's on Sat night.. Yeah.. Pulled over.. for failure to use my blinker. Um.. we all know that's just probable cause to attempt to nail a DUI. I was PARKED in front of my apartment... It was thrilling as I sat outside my apt for an hour convincing the officer that I really DID live right there, etc.. But, what's nice is as soon as the "Im actually an atty" words came outta my mouth, he wasnt even interested in seeing my insurance. Who knows if that had anything to do with it.. or that he just realized he pulled someone over who was sober, PARKED in front of her HOUSE, and basically not an idiot.. Whatever. I got a ticket for the blinker, but likely avoided an impending "blow" test.. (which I SO would have passed.. I had 2 beers all night after all) Annoying. Irritating. Surrounded by Tulsa's finest.. but.. could've been worse, right?

3 comments:

Angela said...

Fun pictures!!

Sarah said...

i knew i could count on you to have pictures up and ready!!! how fun! the one of us all with mom jan is just great. i'm really glad i was able to go, it was nice being back in that living room.

apples was so fun.

oh and sooo scary being pulled over, i just hate it. no matter what, my heart starts racing like it is going to pop out of my chest.

Anonymous said...

Mom Jan looks hott. I am going to miss her :(