Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Confetti Guns are dangerous?

1. Apparently the hotel for our rally wont allow the use of confetti guns. Damn. (I love my job!!)
2. Heard on the news this morning that a new study on the human brain reveals that a brain "in love" looks similar to a brain that's on drugs. Um. That explains a lot. I shall research this more.
3. It's a good thing I'm a control freak. Our MC for the meeting told me he really didnt need a speech/message points. I went ahead and wrote them anyway. Good thing. He can't MC the meeting (which I leave for tomorrow). YIKES! So, (happy sigh) we already have stuff to transfer over to someone else. :)
4. Nicole confirmed. She is preggers. Shocker.
5. I've been looking at flights lately and lemme just say.. Southwest is NOT the cheapest anymore. Ghetto.
6. Did I mention that my VP loved the speech and powerpoint I did for her? Yeah. Well. Not to toot my own horn.. but TOOT!
7. Aaron's officially somewhere on his way to China. :) He gets around the globe more than anyone I know. Be safe if you can read this, A! :)
8. HAPPY AUGUST!!! Where did the time go!!??!! Can you believe I started at my job almost 2 months ago?! Whoa.

10 comments:

Stacia said...

I love the confetti guns, fun stuff. too bad they don't allow them.

Anonymous said...

Don't you love getting kudos from your boss?!?! Congrats lover!

Angela said...

Yay for positive feedback from your boss :)

Who is cheaper than Southwest? I hate flying with them!

melissa said...

DO NOT FLY NORTHWEST. I AM STARTING A ONE-GIRL BOYCOTT. you may join if you like. : )

Sarah said...

nicole preggers? i did not know her meatless body could carry a baby. wow.

love and drugs, sounds like the sixties were even better than we thought.

southwest blows balls. and thank you, i've been telling my mom for weeks that it is not the cheapest!

katandkarl said...

i'm not sure it is the guns that are dangerous so much as the anger of the people who have to clean up mashed in the floor confetti that stains carpets.

:)

care said...

yaaay for your pat on the back.

can you do the little confetti poppers? 'cept kat has a point...

Anonymous said...

if you think southwest airlines is bad try american. they totally suck ass. every time i fly with them something goes terribly wrong. one time i was so pissed i wrote them a nasty letter and got a free flight voucher. and then when i redeemed that flight voucher i got stuck next to some old crusty fat lady that ODed on vicodin and had to be wheeled out by the paramedics.

Lauryl Lane said...

i'd also like to know what's cheaper than southwest? i just booked a flight from la to sanfran and it was $54 including all the taxes and fees. i was uber-impressed. what i'd like to find is a flight from la to tulsa for less than $200!

Anonymous said...

Southwest is just not cheap from Chicago to Tulsa; I don't know about anywhere else. It's about $400. I fly United as my first choice and American as my second choice. That's only about $320. This is why I don't go home very often!!!