So, I dont feel all that much better, but don't feel like shit, either. I have, and have always had, a hard time "reading" my body's signs when I'm sick or hurt. I mean.. when I'm gushing blood from an open wound, I pretty much know that's trouble. But, tmi, my past is littered with kidney infections that could've been caught MUCH sooner, tonsilitis that transitions to something worse, sinus infections that go to upper respiratory infections, etc.. *sigh* I remember I had bronchitis, the flu AND tonsilitis at the SAME. TIME. once. All that said, I feel like I feel better today, but not pushing my luck. Last night, my throat felt like it was lined with cotton...with spikes in the cotton. Good imagery, huh? But, no fever, no nausea, etc, so whatever. (knock on wood)
I'm supposed to go to some Marilyn Ihloff Fall Hair Show thing tonight to benefit some women's thing. (I'm so informed, huh). I don't like to bail on things, but I'm playing it by ear to see if it's wise that I go...
During my break from napping yesterday, I watched Private Practice and I think it was my favorite episode thus far. Decided. Maybe it's b/c I was drugged on OTC stuff. Who knows. But, it was good. Yes. "Gynoenergy" and "She doesnt DO that?" made me crack up..
Also, thanks to the people that have asked about Aaron's fam in California. They're all okay and the fires are more suburbia than where they live. I looked at images on msnbc.com and I almost cried.. Talked to Alove the other day and she said her car was covered in an ashy film and the sky is brown. Nuts... Aaron's mom said the sky in San Diego was orange....I couldn't imagine..
And here's my non-ranting 20something post: It blows ass to live alone and have no one to go to walgreens for you when your throat hurts or make you soup when you'd rather lay down. BUT, it KICKS ass to scare everyone in walgreens by trying to look really super sick when walking down the aisles and proudly announcing on your cell phone "I think I have the flu..." Ahh.. my twisted enjoyment....
2 comments:
Feel better love :)
rest up! and don't push yourself... really, just don't. ;)
oh and yes, we'll be here over the new year... up in san fran with my dad and his fam from the 21-26th and then back here: we too would love to see you, keep us updated!
Post a Comment