Thursday, December 20, 2007

In 2007, I... (b/c I'm in my 20s)

This year, I....

Got a dog. Left a job. Got a new job. Broke up. Got back together (much better than before). Chopped my hair off. Grew it out again. Lost my drivers license...twice. Gave up tanning...then started again. Helped my mom move. Cried. Laughed a lot more than I cried. Said goodbye to friends that moved away. Got closer with friends I barely knew before. Traveled to Chicago-a lot. Watched a LOT more tv than my old job permitted. Started a new blog. Shot a gun for the first time. Met Aaron's dad, grandparents, uncle/aunt and cousins. I could keep going.. but basically been an eventful year! :)

Kinda funny, this is where I was at around this time last year. Looks like I got lots accomplished that I wanted to and didnt even realize it. lol! However, I was totally being cheesy with the "happy stuff" from 2006. I mean.. sure it was cool that I graduated law school, passed the bar, blah blah. But, I was truly pretty damn unhappy this time last year. I HATED my job, the billables, the hours of sleep I lost worrying about it, etc. I HATED the nice office with the awesome bookshelves and big windows. Most of my friends knew, but I didn't really post about it. Then, I had a relationship that was falling apart day by day which didn't really add to the happy-go-lucky stuff... haha.. I think I was just in a whirlwind of "what the eff am I doing with my life?!"

Then, this is how I started off 2007. :) haha.. What a year.. but man oh man was it better than 2006! Long and short...I'm in a MUCH better place and much happier now!! *little cheer from my desk* haha..

2007 proved to be pretty damn alright despite coming in like a lion. :) I think every year in our 20s proves to be a whole lotta challenges that we may or may not have anticipated. The main things I'd doubted and questioned in 2006 were resolved in 2007... So, here's to 2008 and hoping things keep going uphill. :)

So, off I go to get a new drivers license at lunch. Lord knows mine is somewhere in my dark apartment or something, but I dont plan on using my passport to get into the bar this weekend. And...who knows when I'll have power. I got a text saying electricians were at my building this morning, so cross your fingers. I found out my normally-on-top-of-things landlords were using an electrician they knew...who was screwing them over. However, they'd seeminly refused to call anyone else for whatever reason. My neighbor and I were about to make some heads roll by calling our own electrician, but hopefully we wont have to do that... Cross your fingers.... Day 12 with no power. Seriously. Do you think it's fair that we ask for pro-rated rent...at least for this week? I mean most people (including out street) were resotored over the weekend...so...opinions?

3 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

Good list! My mum finally got power on Tuesday night (late), so you are now officially the only person i know who is still without it. Def ask your landlords for pro-rated rent. You couldn't live there and it was partially their fault, so it doesn't hurt to ask! Good list, btw, oops, did I already say that? ;)

Unknown said...

I know a couple of people who are still without power, but that doesn't change the fact you haven't lived in your apartment since Sunday. Write them a nice letter with legal mumbo jumbo (you didn't go to law school for no reason) and just send them the pro-rated rent check. No confrontation and you get your compensation.

melissa said...

i love this post jackie. love love love it. : ) i would ask for pro-rated rent for sure.