Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's that time again..

Blame it on the weather. Blame it on being sick. Blame it on "that time of the month" (TMI, but I dont care. It's my blog). Whatever it is, I am in.a.funk. I look at my messy apt and dont really feel like cleaning it. I think about going to the gym, but decide against it for fear of hurting my back again. I dont even feel like shopping. (Whoa, I know).

I think I tend to open too many file cabinet drawers at the same time sometimes.

What do I mean? Well, a guy at work explained his wife versus him as follows:
"My wife can have 4 or 5 drawers open at the same time-kids, me, work, etc etc.. Whereas, I open one drawer, "kids," for example and then complete the task and close it, moving on to the next drawer. Men are just more one-task oriented." I think I overwhelm myself sometimes, especially since I also analyze everything to pieces. When I open too many drawers so to speak, I often want to leave them all open and just walk away... haha... But, that doesn't really make me feel better. That and I'm UBER sensitive lately. Beware. hahahaha..

I know I need to knock stuff out one by one, but my multitasking brain keeps making each task feed into other tasks which feeds into a Jax funk. Feel me on this one? I shall make a diligent effort to close my drawers. Ahh.. metaphors, my BFF.

Well, I have a class on harassment I have to complete for compliance, so I'm headed out of blogger for awhile. Maybe a cheesy video on harassment will cheer me up... "Billy Boss touched Suze inappropriately.." yeah, that made me giggle..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you lover! I'm kind of sick right now too, and just in a funk in general. There's light at the end of the tunnel though...Andrew's mom leaves on Saturday!! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! That IS good news! Gah, has it been that long?!

Lauryl Lane said...

jackie, i am SO with you! i feel so disorganized and under so much pressure right now. and i can't seem to COMPLETE any one project. it's making me a little crazy, not gonna lie. okay, better get back to work. ;)

Stacia said...

I feel you on the too many drawers open...not sure if my OCD is going away or if I am just doing toooo much =)