B/c I'm in my 20s...
1. I've found that everything I planned to be doing now 10 years ago is totally off-base. Most of it I'm perfectly happy (and relieved) with. Yet, somehow, I still keep planning away in my head. While I may be totally off base again in 10 years and be totally okay with it...I have things I truly want to get accomplished, regardless as to how exactly I get there. The journey is half the fun anyway... Just let me plan away to keep my psychological well-being intact.
2. I've become less insecure and more insecure all at the same time. I'm no longer jealous of just any cute girl that looks at my boyfriend and he notices. Please. I'm secure enough to know that I want someone who wants to be with me, not someone who wants to bang the half-naked hottie across the bar. I'm pretty comfy with what I bring to the table. :) However, I'm figuring the "life, job, etc" part out, but it definitely has it's moments where, as a friend once recently said to me, "What if I'm getting an "F" in life and don't even know it? Shit." If you don't ever have those moments in your twenties, I'm jealous.
3. I no longer need to be included in every "it" moment. I mean...the whole "what if I miss out on something" enters my single, young, social brain, but then sometimes, I glance at the cable menu, then at my little dog, and think "this is soooo what I'd rather be doing tonight.." :)
4. I have a LOT more moments where I think "OMG.. how young is that guy/girl? Should he/she even been in the bar?" (Yes, yes they should. Whatever)
5. I choose my battles better. I see the "bigger picture" better than a singular event that might piss me off on a given occassion. That doesn't mean I brush everything off. Oh, no. I get plenty snippy sometimes. But, a knock down drag out over something petty? Unlikely.
6. If you don't email/myspace/facebook/blog, I likely don't talk to you as much as I should. Besides, who doesnt "do" the net? C'mon...
7. I notice wedding rings a LOT more. I mean.. I'm not looking to meet guys or anything, but I'm very clued into guys that hit on my friends, me, etc...and whether they're at the bar b/c they're a dirty whore. Not that I'm into labels, but whatever... ;)
8. Overall, being in my mid twenties makes me hold my head a little higher than I did in my early twenties on the whole "life" thing. Well, I dont think I knew enough in my early twenties to even know I clearly had no idea. That make sense? haha... Does that mean I've got it figured out now? Hardly. But, I know I'm gettin closer...and having a pretty good time along the way.
Finally, anyone watch Cashmere Mafia? Jury's still out on it...Lucy Lu (sp?) is the reason I started watching. I feel like she's likely a badass. If you know otherwise, please don't burst my bubble.
3 comments:
I too am constantly wondering if "those kids" are old enough to be at the bar. Fortunately I still look young enough that bouncers usually think I'm using a fake and I have to flash my wedding ring a lot for them to believe I'm not underage... but I don't think I look HALF as young as most of the "kids" I see out. It still blows my mind that people five who years younger than me are legal... oh and I missed Cashmere Mafia (although I didn't like the previews that much), but Lucy Liu is purportedly a huge bitch. I have a friend who waited on her at a local restaurant and she apparently left a pitiful tip and was incredibly rude. And there's just the old rumor mill, too. "Lucy Liu is a bitch, Leah Remini is a bitch...." y'know. She's a Chi Omega so I'm disappointed.
I say dido on everything you just said... I'm getting an F in life right now!! But I'm okay with it!! Drink More!
hi. I saw this quote and thought of you. especially the second part. :)
"Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. --Mary Schmich"
Post a Comment