Notable things from prom:
1. the large amount of dresses I'd NEVER let my daughter walk out of the house in...
2. the VERY out-of-the-closet-slightly-gangster-lesbian-couple. I wasn't shocked b/c they were lesbians...but b/c it was so accepted... That's awesome if you ask me...and shocked me b/c it goes to show how much stuff has changed since I went to prom almost 10 years ago (Lord, I'm old).
3. I had someone come up to "Coach" (my date, Brett...so weird to hear them call him "Coach") Anyway...she looked at me and said "I think I know you....you lifeguarded where I used to swim as a kid." I reiterate. I'm old.
4. When I went to the bathroom, two girls were in there. One saw me, the other didnt. The one who hadnt seen me said "Can you see through this... I think my nipples are showing.." Then the other quickly goes "SHHHHHH!! The chaperone is in here..." LOL!!!!!!!! Intimidating. I like it.
5. Two girls came in holding coffee cups with lids. They continued to share their "coffee" with guys. I told Brett, "they're SO not drinking coffee..." He said "Where would they get coffee?" I said "No... it's alcohol..." He said "oooooOOOhhhh..." LOL!
6. The balcony/second floor was open (where I took the pics -with no flash- to not look like a stalker). Brett and I camped there for awhile....and watched couples nervously and not-so-subtly sneak off. Wonder what they were trying to do? ;) Gah.. we were SO not as sneaky as we thought at that age....(they didnt go anywhere; all the rooms were closed off, but it was funny to watch them try...)
These pics were just as people were arriving and starting to dance.... I guess white suits are in?
7. The obvious way everyone cared what others thought. I guess that's just high school, but I would SO change how much I cared about that stuff if I could go back...
8. The OBVIOUS crush the girls had on Brett. He, like all men, was oblivious. I, however, enjoyed watching girls giggle when they looked at him and eye me like "who is THAT with Coach..." My personal fave was the girl who took a few pics when he wasnt watching.
9. Those kids can DANCE. My God... I mean... half the baseball team broke out in the Soulja Boy....
10. There were a LARGE number of kids with (real) star tattoos (multiple tattoos)... Girls had them on their shoulders, chest, etc.. One guy wore a white tux with tons of stars all over the vest... I didn't get it and chose to assume it was b/c they liked stars...and not b/c it was affiliated with anything else.
11. The couple-Juno style. Senior girl=pregnant with freshman guy's baby who seriously looked like Juno's man in the movie. Could you imagine being pregnant at prom? I felt for her.
_______________________________________________________________
Anyway...It was a totally good time. Saw a couple of my old teachers, my old principal, and had formal "prom pics" taken. hahaha. Cute-all the way around. :)
________________________________________________________________
Anyway...the rest of the weekend was spent pretty low key. Today, I went through my purse/travel bag I carried in Belize/Guatemala. I'm such a sentimental freak that I'd kept stuff in it from the trip. I plan to carry the bag again through Costa. Anyway... look what was in there...
__________________________________________________________________
a note from Matt n Mo (the other couple we met) telling us they were going to eat or something, broken sunglasses, money, cork from Francis Ford Coppola's restaurant, plane ticket/boarding pass, benadryl, receipts.... Funny.

What will be in there THIS trip (since I'm a little more experienced and wiser this time around): hand sanitizer, travel toilet paper, bandaids/alcohol pads, camera in travel case AND baggie (waterproof), energy bar.
What will be in there THIS trip (since I'm a little more experienced and wiser this time around): hand sanitizer, travel toilet paper, bandaids/alcohol pads, camera in travel case AND baggie (waterproof), energy bar.
_________________________________________________________________
Getting excited for my trip!! Leave a week from Wednesday!!! I have every intention of trying to bring my cowboy hat. I dont know why; I just want to. We'll see how this goes...
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun prom. LOL! :)
Prom days, how fun!
Hey I sent you an email to the addy I had for you. I have a question about pic posting, can you email me at swilliams@littlerock.org
Thanks much!
well, the cowboy hat sounds like it'll make cute pictures!
like the list of must-haves. can't WAIT for pictures!!
OMG I am so jealous! How much fun was that?!? I think that's so awesome you got to chaperone our old H.S. Prom. Even better with Brett! He's an awesome person. Glad you had fun. Can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment