Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rotation. Wall Cloud. Golf Ball Size Hail. Path of the Tornado.

Things I learned in college: storms were MUCH more fun when the key phrases were part of a drinking game.

So, I guess it's totally worth it to miss Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and Lost...all for rotation and weather crap. WAIT-NO IT'S NOT!!!! THREE HOURS OF WEATHER? REALLY? REALLY? Alright.. so I dont really watch Ugly Betty, but someone out there does.. and they're PISSED... as am I. DAMNIT.

My personal favorite.. One of their redneck weather spotters just called in and said "you're not gonna believe this... I kin see a rainbah... in the dark... I've never seen one in the dark.."

Dude. I'm missing LOST...and you're talking about rainbows? OMFG.

So, I guess I'll blog.

Get this... I was driving along...when... all of a sudden... my car (and the others at the 31st and peoria traffic light) were SWARMED with BEES... like hundreds of them! I am SO not kidding!! The guy in the car next to me and I exchanged glances like "WTH?"

Good thing I'm deathly allergic. Awesome. Killer bees and tornados tonight.

While we're talking about bees, I took this picture the other day outside my apt...as in within my line of walking...

Oh, what, you cant tell what those are? Here.. Lemme help you.....

Yeah, they're just hanging out... Oh, and I'm not stupid.. even the 1st pic was with my zoom lens. And... is it rude to ask my LL's to move the birdbath...or something? I seriously say a prayer every day I walk past it. Everyone please watch your cell phones b/c if you get a random call, I likely need emergency services. Thank you.

Tonight, I finally used a gift card I had to Barnes and Noble. I was waiting to find a book worthy enough... and I think I totally did.


I'm trying to save it for my 9hr trip next week to Costa, but I'm so excited to read it... Maybe this is the book that will get me back into reading...Law school zapped that hobby...Plus, I rarely buy hardback-you KNOW I want to read it. LOL!

My buddy, George Flickinger (weather) is still rambling about wind damage, so maybe I'll start reading now. Oh, great..we're down to one tornado warning and it's in the town of Hulah and Whippoorwill. No, I am not kidding. That means it'll all be over just about when Lost ends. How convenient.

Finally, I wanna take a second and wish SARAH a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! This picture is from homecoming when we pretended to be in a cage. Yeah. I dunno. :))) Happy birthday, Sarah!!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Oh great. I had the DVR set to record Ugly Betty, and you're telling me that I have nothing but the flippin' weather? Grr... Down with OK weather!

brooke knight said...

dude, that sucks about the bees. do you keep arround one of those whats-it-called-shots? ah crap, i have one in my desk for a student who is allergic to bees. know what i am talking about? epipen, that's it.

pretty pissed about lost. when will they rebroadcast it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out love! I can't even watch channel 8 weather any more because I've gotten so frustrated in the past when Frank the weather-dude has interrupted my shows for no reason. boooooo!!!

Lauryl Lane said...

oh, that always used to make me so MAD when the weather would interrupt Desperate Housewives back in the day (ie when i lived in t-town). hope they've rerun everything for you. grey's and lost were so good. these past two weeks have really been bumped up a notch. ;) ps. i too am deathly allergic to bees, but i never see any. out here in cali there's this huge "save the honeybees" campaign because apparently they are going extinct. i wonder if the oklahoma bees are honeybees? hmmm....

George Flickinger said...

From your Buddy. We gotta break in so people don't die. That's how we roll. Just sayin' GF