Everyone has golf carts to get around the little area where were stayed. When we got there, Kel's dad said "I was going to get a new one b/c this one has about had it...but I just couldnt decide.." While driving it up the road (with beers clanging against each other in the basket), the cart died and we had to push it off the road. We thought it was hilarious (once some creepy mcCreepersons passed us that is)....We kept trying to hide our beers like we were underage or
something... It was comedic.
Took the boat out on Saturday. :) Got to see Kel's little niece, Avery, have her first time on the boat.. Super cute. Everyone calls her a mini Kelli.. At 2 years old, she'd say things like "ooh you look cute..." and "you cry like a baby..." She amused me. A lot.
Please note my irrational fear of dark water being conquered in a below pic with Kari and Kelli. I attribute it to the beer. Have I ever told you about that? I have a freakass fear that there are dead bodies in lakes/rivers...any water like that. This is the reason I was so proud of myself for the waterfalls in Costa Rica. (went ahead and added the photo below)
What went through my head when I was swimming in the waterfall pool (prior to near death experience) was "They say 12 people die here every year...What if it's more like 14 and no one ever found them..?! OMG.. They're below me.. OMG..." My heart races and I seriously almost lose my shit. It's worse if I'm alone in the water (like in the above). It's funny...but it's actually not. I've never had a fear like that before.. Not scared of heights, etc. I dont even know where it came from. But, I'm all about conquering fear.... Anyway-do you have a fear like that? Back to the lake... Sorry for the tangent...
Saturday, went to a bar called Carlottas...that we kept calling Carlitos by mistake. Live band; a good, chill time. Passed a deserted (and closed down) campground/cabins that Kari and I kept calling Charles Manson's camp. I wouldnt even get out and take a picture.. Yes, people, it was that freaky. Mind you, Kari and I had just been having a semi drunken convo about the Manson murders. Ya get three lawyers together and this is what happens.. Sorry... lol! Lookie how long my hair is getting! :)
Sunday, took the boat out one more time. Kelli skied and Kari and I tanned. Actually, I sunblocked the whole time....but I wasnt about to become another lesson in "how to break your ribs/whole body" so I opted to not ski. ;)
What a great weekend with the girls and Kel's fam! Kel's family is SO sweet and welcoming...and so chill. Loved hanging with them...especially her entertaining niece that would wake up, walk directly to Kelli, pry her eyes open with her mini fingers and say "KELLI! KELLI!" in a two year old voice.. ADORABLE. (Likely adorable b/c she wasnt peeling my eyes open, but whatever) :)
2 comments:
great pictures, sounds like an awesome weekend!
i too am scared of opaque water. if i can't see through it, i don't want to be in it. i've watched too many law and order episodes where they pull dead people out of the hudson river...
Fun, fun. You know my irrational fear. I think the dead body thing is normal, I mean remember the movie "What Lies Beneath?" That could make anyone scared of dead bodies in dark waters.
Post a Comment