Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things that are becoming a problem.

1. My snack habits. When I was on "Costa workouts," I was eating grapes and cottage cheese and rice cakes (which is actually a super good snack btw). But, uh...I have all those things...and I choose mini chips ahoy (thus making me feel like I'm eating less...even though I'm eating like 8 at a time). Oh, and hot tamales...They're a sick, twisted obsession that inevitably make me thirsty when I eat them. It aggravates me, but I do it over and over. Ugh.


2. Insurance. Kel and I had this conversation recently. She has NO paid insurance. My insurance is CRAP..at least for someone single. I pay EVERYTHING out of pocket up to 1,000. ER visits dont apply...That's another 1,000 before insurance kicks in. So, basically, if I'm ever in serious medical trouble, I'm alright, but doctor appts about kill my checking account..esp if they run blood work. It's just annoying. I mean..how is it that 2, young, single, ATTORNEYS have to seriously scrimp to afford health care?! My God. It's just ridiculous in this day and age....and it appalls me.

3. My student loans. I am just plain BITTER about this lately. BITTER. You see, if I'd taken out ALL private, I'd be fine. If I'd taken out ALL government, I'd be fine. However, since I have both, I cannot consolidate those two...and therefore got a letter from the govt wanting me to pay NINE HUNDRED FIFTY dollars a month! Holy SHIT! (I mean..that's with the private combined). I dont need to go into how much I make...but lets just say it's gonna be quite a feat to pay that. My friend took out only private...and was able to make his payment 1/3 of mine owing the SAME amt I do. My priority is my private loans...not only b/c they're manageable, but b/c I can see the light at the end... The govt loan people are just a-holes. It just makes me want to scream. I drive a p-o-s car, live in an apt, and really dont live extravagantly. UGH


4. To lighten it up, my addiction to So You Think You Can Dance and the Bachelorette is becoming an issue as well... I think I'm friends with DeAnna in my head.. and I actually tried one of the dance moves from the show tonight. Wasnt pretty. At all. Gracie looked concerned. :)

5. PMS. It's becoming a problem this week. Sorry. Again TMI, but it's true.

6. I think my apt is haunted. More on this later... I cant decide if it's a problem or if it's kick ass.

7. I cant figure out how to make my text wrap around my images. HELP. ME. I hate picasa. Do I have to use it? Love love. :)

I need a chips ahoy. Damnit. :)

2 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

I too have no insurance and Sammy has coverage through his work and doesn't have to pay for it, but the co-pays are ridic. As are labs and blood work. So I hear ya. We have freaking college degrees, aren't we supposed to be able to afford really good health insurance?

Unknown said...

Been there on the student loans. Obiviously not as high, but the debt to income ratio basically the same. Just keep plugging away, you'll get a handle on it eventually.

Change your insurance in Nov. I can't believe how much you have to pay upfront before it kicks in. Ridiculous. Could be one of the reasons your pockets feel so drained.