So, went to the mall at lunch to grab something.
Went to Subway with Michele on the way out to get sandwiches.
This is what transpired.
Me: "6 inch turkey on white, please"
Her: *no response, pulls out wheat and looks at me*
Me: "No, white."
Her: *looks perplexed and Michele guides her up to the white bread row* (realizing she speaks no English..like at all)
She puts the entire footlong bread down and again looks at me.
I made a chopping motion and said "half" She understood.
Then, she got ham. I said "NOooo! with a look of horror (I hate ham). Turkey! (as I pointed)"
The rest of the process went that way...with me pointing, nodding, shaking my head and trying to be nice.
Seriously. Who hires someone who cant speak English at the Subway AT THE MALL?
I might visit China in the fall, people. Might. Oh how did my life get so crazy? That, my friends, I do not know. What I DO know is that this is time for Jax....to figure out Jax. Selfishness abound!!! Kidding.. Im just saying I think this will be the perfect time for me to spend some quality time with someone I hold dear- me. That's all.
So, the weather has taken an awesome turn...if I wasnt wearing a little dress tonight outdoors! Nervous!
Okay, I think I'm taking advantage of this whole "flex schedule" thing since I've traveled a lot..and I'm.heading.home.
LOVE LOVE! Stories and photos to follow of me looking oh so pure at white party!
1 comment:
Hope you're having fun!
You're right, this needs to be Jax time. Self-reflection, etc.
I want to go to China! Can't go this fall b/c planning a trip back to Paris, but maybe in the spring.
love love!
Lauren
Post a Comment