Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A democracy at work

I'm tired of the ads.
I'm tired of the signs.
I'm tired of the chatter.

But, gah, I love voting. I havent gone today yet, but I cant wait! It just feels so empowering, ya know. I love that we're having record turn outs this year. LOVE.IT. To say it doesnt matter....it's just not even an argument I could entertain. I make jokes n stuff, but really... to not vote...is just completely and totally lazy and not American. Do I think the ads are excessive? Yes. Do I think spending frivilous money on campaigns that could be better placed elsewhere is dumb? Yes. But..it is what it is and doesnt undermine the actual process' goal.

Anyway, before I get on my soapbox too much, GO.VOTE.

AND..also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARY TODAY!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!

1 comment:

Lauryl Lane said...

i voted! it made me happy! and stupid oklahoma was projected for mccain with only 15% of the vote in... that's pathetic. i am glad i live in a blue state. ;)