Thursday, February 5, 2009

In the Shades of Evening....there must...

Change can be such a weird, weird thing...

Today, I accidentally emailed a friend at her old address at the old law firm. (Mary, duh). A partner shot an email back saying I basically needed to update my contacts list. So, since I have a headache, I wrote a thank you back to her and confirmed my contacts were updated; they'd just failed me today, however I fully understood where my email was NOT intended to go with a "haha" added. Basically I was totally unbothered and laughed at the sitch. I wouldnt have laughed at the sitch even a year ago. I prolly would have been scared shitless to see her name in my inbox where my heart pounded faster for that moment. Not anymore.. b/c really..who the hell cares. I'm not a child. I'm an adult with a law degree and great job. The fact that I laughed and shook my head instead of going "OMG I cant believe I emailed her there!" was totally evident of some serious changes I've been through...haha...

Change is so weird, b/c sometimes you dont even realize it's happening. I mean.. I know when I left the firm, that was an obvious change....but I dont know when my reaction to that partner's email became laughter instead of fear... Anyway, change can be many things, but one can only hope in her 20s, change is mostly a good thing....

Ranting in the abstract per usual...but just sayin...I think some of you know what I'm talking about aside from the firm rantings.. (and no, I'm not leaving my job, sillies. I love my job!)

I'll write about Lost later... likely in conjunction with Grey's. :) Have a great evening!!!

No comments: