Friday, April 3, 2009

"Friday's child is loving and giving..."

I was born on a Friday. Some poems say I'm loving and giving and some say I'm full of woe. Personally, I enjoy the former. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm taking Monday off! WOO HOO! So, trying to get stuff wrapped up. Why is taking a day off seemingly more stressful than taking a week off? Bizarre. Maybe that's just me.

I'm excited to go out of town for the weekend! Leaving tonight. :) Some of you know where I'm going...For the rest of you, await the photographs.. haha.. :) I'm not going far; dont get that excited.

A little note for Jenny: Have an AMAZINGLY FANTABULOUS shower!! Take lotsa pics and know I'm loving you from Dallas... (well, spilled where I was going, but you dont know what I'm dooooing..haha) :)

I am the ONLY one in my dept today. Some people work on flex schedules. Some people took the day off. Others are "working from home." I am being one productive beast. But, it's freaky quiet and it's making me want to knock sh*t out so I can go. Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Sidenote: The bastard didnt park in my place today. Ha! I felt very victorious like I'd done something to remove them...when in reality it was likely someone here for a meeting yesterday being rude. *shrug*

5 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

What, no towing? Damn, you are waaaay too nice. I used to be like that. Then I moved to L.A. And became a total bitch. ;) No really though, parking in a private (or marked) space out here is a huge big deal. I do not hesitate to call the tow truck. On the other hand, I have not personally been towed, but my Dad was when he and I were in a restaurant eating... and it *is* quite disconcerting to come outside and find that your car is *gone.* The worst part is that you have to call around to local towing agencies to try to track down your vehicle... which is PARTICULARLY hard if it's a rental and you can't remember the make/model/color... and of course the $300 charge to get the car back is no fun, either. But that should be enough to convince people not to park in other people's spots, huh? Huh? i thought so. ;)

Have fun in Dallas... A's bachelorette, eh? I'm curious as to what you're going to do, what Mary has all planned out. I would never think of D-town as somewhere to go for a bachelorette, but that's probably because I don't know about some super-amazing something-or-other and you'll have to tell all about it. ;)

Jax said...

Dude.. I SO called security and I didnt want them to get TOWED, but ticketed? TOTALLY! and security "cant do anything" WHATEVER. Ugh. haha...

Not going to A's bachelorette. Boo.. I'll be RIGHT THERE but not going to it. :( I told her to take tons and tons of pics though!

LondonLauren said...

i need to know more about this parking space situation. is there a sign that says "reserved for the employee of the month!" of something? or is it just common knowledge that it's reserved? if there is a sign and someone parked there, then there's no excuse for someone parking there, even if they were a visitor. i think you need to put a nice, yet firm post-it note on their car next time.

lauren

Sarah said...

we missed you at the shower... and we really missed your picture taking! we don't really have any group shots of all the girls!

Jax said...

Aw! I missed being there at the shower, too.. I cant wait to hear more about it! One of you needs to get on the ball with the blogging. Sheesh. ;)

Lauren- Well..it's not a "name" per se, but it says "____ (my dept name) then some other stuff (I dont wanna give away where I work for randoms on here..) But, lets just say it's obvious it's reserved. Silly people in my place. Bastards. haha