Friday, July 17, 2009

I gave in....

...and saw Harry Potter tonight! I officially speak wizard. Have I read ANY of the books? No. Have I seen any of the movies? Huh uh. But, when Eric's friends invited us to go tonight, I thought "sure, why not!" haha! After calling Muggles "Puffins" or something getting briefed in the car, I was armed with wizard-potter-loving-information in my arsenal. I have to admit...pretty good! I even got teary! I kinda wanna read the last book (b/c hello.. I cant start from the beginning now...or can I??? Hmm...)

Thanks for all the fun comments on my Way Back Wednesday! I think I wanna start doing Not Me Monday, too... Depends how creative I'm feelin... ;)

Sooooo while in line for the movie tonight, Eric said "Dont forget August 1st is..." and I finished with "....my reunion." He was like "Are you kidding?" I said "Um.. no.. " He said "Well, that's the night we have tickets for Wicked." (as in...with his family). Crap. He felt really badly that he hadn't mentioned the specific date for Wicked before now or remembered about my reunion. It's not that bigofadeal, BUT now I'm left with decisions here, folks.. (1) go to my reunion alone..which sounds awfully fun *eye roll* (2) Go to the afternoon portion of the reunion at the high school instead of the night portion (I hadn't originally intended to go to the afternoon portion, so this is a tradeoff) (3) Skip the concert I got tix for on Friday night and attend both the cocktail hour AND the Saturday afternoon event.

This is a toughie here, peeps. I mean.. the Wicked tix were expensive...and Eric's fam got them...so we both can't bail on Wicked, that's for sure. And I really DO want to go to Wicked. I own half the songs already! I love musicals! And well... the people I want to be in contact with from high school, I kinda already am... (Love you gals!) and some of the people I'd love to see aren't even going. Blah. HOWEVER, it's a right of passage in my opinion. I mean.. right? Plan: text/email a couple people to see if they're going to either Friday's cocktail hour or Saturday's family day. If I can see a large portion of the people I want to see, I think I'd be a-ok with missing the evening deal on Saturday...

In other news, my boss text me tonight saying she has good news and I should call her. Kinda excited... wonder what it is!! (No, it's not a raise.. don't get your hopes up-I'm not. hahaha!) I was in the movie, so it has to wait... *nervous!!!*

Oh and to stick with the randomness, have you seen this? It's hilarious... Watch the comments he made after this video, too. I guess United tried to right their wrong. Commendable that he let people know that. And uh... I now definitely think Ohare's baggage people must all need anger management or something. (that's where my bag got mangled, too).

Weekend plans? Eric and I tossed around having a Big Splash day.... haha.. no really. Renting rafts and everything. He's got a small group interested, too! Are you? Lemme know!!

Oh and I mailed off my contest to my Chicago parking ticket! It included pics, a rather lawyeriffic letter..and I mailed it two days-certified! Yeah-yuh! After 7 days, there's an admission of liability. Well, we're just gonna ensure they dont act like it doesn't exist they receive it within 7 days. Cross your fingers, peeps!

3 comments:

Stacia said...

GO TO WICKED WITH ERIC!!! it's a must!!!

Lauryl Lane said...

Blow off the reunion. Don't miss Wicked for the end of the world. It's brilliant. And yes, you can get stated with Harry Potter with book one. It's the only way to go. Start reading, chica! ;)

Jessie Case said...

It's never to late to start from the beginning of Harry Potter! Do it!