Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Recap!!!

How was your weekend?! Mine-gooooooodstuff! Friday, Eric and I ran some errands for Sat's bbq-Michaels, Target, his parents' house (where we ended up borrowing most everything....haha), and ate at Mexico Lindo. It's where the very first Los Cabos used to be in a shopping center on 71st. Random, but yummy Mexican food without the wait of the bigger places. :)

Saturday, a few errands and then met back at Eric's to start decorating!! Between the two of us, we kept trying to go overboard for this shindig... for real. Case in point: Eric bought and installed a misting system for his patio...yeah. We had the bbq in his front yard b/c the patio's larger. :)

Here's Eric turning on the misters!
Annnnd here he is trying them out... lol!! I have to admit...they were awesome!
We got some paper lanterns to hang from the tree with some little fake (LED) candles inside. I amuse myself sometimes... hahahahahahahaha...
Putting the candles in and giggling b/c they kept rolling off the truck and down the sidewalk. I really wish I'd gotten a pic of Eric running after them b/c it was comedy, people.
I got a lesson in tying an "8 knot" to hang the lanterns...courtesy of your neighborhood boy scout, Eric. :) (I was stupid-proud of myself when I accomplished one. Just FYI.)
Eric "monkeying around" hanging the twine for the lanterns... ;) (Yes I really said that. By now you already know we're easily entertained. I'm alright with that.)
After setting up the food, getting the grill going, and setting up a sitting area, people arrived. :) I didn't get a pic of the food, but it was good, people. I ran by Lambrusco'z and picked up their fabulous dill dip (my fav) and a broccoli salad... If you haven't been there, I highly recommend. :) Eric's house is so cute...makes certain people (*cough ME*) want a house even more...
YAY-look at the lanterns all hung and festive! And the torches! And the misters! You want us to do your party; admit it.
Grillmasters Eric and Chris (and Brian in blue, but he wasn't really helping) being manly and standing near the grill handling the food ;)
The party got cuhrazy!! Or Eric is just adjusting the misters.. either way... ;)
I have no idea... but it makes me laugh...
This was from the misters!! LOL! It looks like it's snowing!!
The birthday boy, Chris, and his fiance Carrie :)
Someone (Eric) went all strobe light with the light switch to the beat of the music at one point...
Why do all parties end up in the kitchen? That's so funny to me.. Anyway, this one ended up with us sitting on the counters, laughing etc before people headed home. All was clean and party was over by around 1am. Not bad! I made him take pictures to celebrate our party victory. :) I was feeling cheesy. Eric was feeling goofy. The result-comedy.

Friends=happy. Food=good. Decor=uh.awesome. ;) Overall, had a blast helping prep for and throwing the bbq... And Eric gets points in the hosting dept b/c it really was quite a success. :)

I got plenty of sleep this weekend, too, which is a major bonus going into a fullllll week. Out of town meetings feeding right into my reunion, a concert and Wicked this week!! :) I still can't get over my 10 year reunion happening this year! I'm young for my school year and Eric's semi older for his. It works. Whatev! hah!

Today, spent about 3 hours at the office printing stuff and finishing stuff for my meetings I'm leaving for bright and early tomorrow. My brain is not all-engines-go first thing in the am, soooo.... preferred to knock stuff out today. Oh...so weird but my LLs called and were sweetie mcsweet asking about how the new a/c unit was working. Um. Weird? Yeah. *shrug* I'm gonna set up another post to post while I'm gone. Lets hope I do it right!

Hope you had a great weekend, everyone! When did it become the end of July?!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just LOVE your photo taking self.