Have to admit.. Marcie Dodd (as Elpheba) and Helene York (Glinda) were practically shooting talent from their fingertips every time they were on stage. I mean.. personality, their vocal abilities, their acting... I was truly floored by how amazing their performance and chemistry together was. I could go again and again and likely still get tears in my eyes...
And beforehand, we ate at a Tulsa fav in a new location, Ti Amo's. It's moved to the old Pomodori's place downtown. They'd only been open a week so there are some kinks needing to be worked.. but still.. you cant go wrong with Ti Amo's. Just sayin. :) Eric's whole fam came to Wicked and I don't think a single one in our group was giving it anything but extreme praise. Glad I got to go!! :)
And... in some other random news, what have I been wanting to do? Buy a house. Right. Ya know.. b/c I'm 28 and have my law degree and I'm over the apt life. Right. Well, last week, got some icky news about my ominous cloud of student loans that hangs over my head. Guess who is now paying even more per month? Ugh. Right. Thank you very much, govt. *eye roll* This has been weighing pretty heavily on me since late last week...and I finally shed some tears over my frustration yesterday (and likely made Eric think I was a nut job.. but whatever). It's not about the loans.. as much as it sounds. It's really not. It's about having my 10 year reunion and being thrilled with where I am, but also wondering when I'll really say "OMG! That law degree was so totally worth it!" In some regards I already say that so I don't mean to sound like a baby...but in times like these when I'm stuck throwing a significant portion of my check the govt's way, I really start to get reflective about where I want to go if that makes sense.... Soo...I'm better today, but am still debating the house thing. Always the planner, that's me. :)
And in somewhat more dramatic/comical news, I have a mole. I reported this a few posts ago when I was asking for tanning advice. I don't really get moles so it bugged me. And since then, I've pretty much done everything but had a science experiment about the damn thing. It's on my arm..aka in a place that allows for prime staring throughout the day. haha.. I wanted to get in to a derm before I start at the UW (United W*y) for that development thing at the tail end of August. I dont know what my schedule will be there and dont know if I can get away as easily. So, I called a derm today that came HIGHLY recommended. Booked solid. Blast. Got a rec from Sarah and called..booked through late September. Hmph. Called another co worker's doc and again... booked solid. I was like "Do you know this could totally be metastasizing right.this.second?!" Okay, so I didn't say that, but I was thinking it.. haha.. So, by the time I got to my other friend's rec, I was fairly certain I'd be in stage 4 melanoma by the time anyone saw me. haha.. (I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but for real.. I'm a hypochondriac with stuff like this.. and it is serious... so I'm not meaning to make light of this stuff). And finally! My friend's doc can see me!!! This Friday!! He's squeezing me in! Hooray!
I'm kinda dreading the "you have sun damage" talk, but I know it's deserved. I saw a teenage girl in a jeep (obviously not heading to work) this morning with flowing dark hair and shorts...and a gorgeous deep tan. I wanted to both lecture her and run her off the road out of jealousy all at the same time.. haha...
Oh how I love being tan, so thanks to some awesome advice from you guys, I am going to try airbrushing and/or Mystic! I think I'll airbrush for the upcoming party! It's not like I really tan tons anyway (ya'll are so gonna think I'm Donatella Vers*ce or something)... just when I am busy and have a wedding to attend, etc.. It's just easy to pop in the tanning bed for 15 min.
And on the note of that party, please see the outstanding getup I found this weekend at the Tulsa Hills shopping center. It's at the store I mentioned before.. I havent bought anything yet but this dress looks like it might be a winner. LOL! (add in the fake tats, fake tan, fake hair.. and you've got the right image). ;)
3 comments:
We are going to Ti Amo's before Wicked tomorrow too! I had to call today to make sure they were open before we just showed up starving and asking them to feed us. School loans SUCK. I hate them. HATE. I also hate dermatologists. I have had terrible luck with them and I also have a mole (ahem, or 4) that I want to get checked out but 1) it takes for.ev.er to get in to one, and 2) they rarely seem like they care about my possible carcinoma/melanoma. I stopped tanning after the wedding. I'm done. Even though I pay those bastards every month for another year or more.
About the gym. I was going to join yours. (I still kind of want to despite the following story) Then miraculously Lee decided that he wanted to join at the TCC gym downtown. So I decided that we should at least go to the same place so he will actually go. Plus it's super convenient. Then I found out how much it cost and I was like, where do I sign up?! $50 a SEMESTER! Haha. Don't ask if we have actually signed up yet...
I should have emailed you because this comment is out of control.
Dress is awesome. Remember I am the derm counselor, most likely nothing to worry about. But he may likely remove it.
that dress is awesome! You should SO wear it! Glad you enjoyed Wicked! Good luck at the doctor..I have a few places I need to have checked! I REALLY need to get better at sunscreen!
Post a Comment