Hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend! I feel like it was way short for some reason... *shrug* But, it was good. No complaints. :)
Let's see... Friday was our own office's campaign kickoff... Yup, our own UW office has a campaign for employees! Our goal is $77,000 and we're already at over 35! Awesome! We went to a local Y for lunch and then headed to @ndy B's (formerly Riverlanes) :) Now they've got bowling, glowbow and go carts out there. :) I didn't take a TON of pics b/c there weren't a ton of opps to make people smile pretty for my camera, but here are some...
A couple other LEs (Loaned Execs)
Friday night, had a dinner with some high school friends. :) Leslie and I thought it'd be fun (it was) but we had no idea it would balloon up to 20 or more people...at Los Cabos (where you cant make reservations). Kinda chaotic at first, but fun.. Glad I got to sit next to peeps I love chatting with (as opposed to the peeps I don't talk to as much) b/c after a busy week, I wasn't feeling overly social butterfly...
After dinner, I met up with Marla at Bru House where we realized weirdos were on.the.prowl. Sick. We sat down and started chatting and WHAM-immediate uninvited guest sits at our table. (Side note.. I think that is SO rude... Don't just SIT DOWN at girls' table.) From there, he proceeded to not take our hints, show us his multiple tats of his child's photo (yes, for real), repeatedly offer cheesy lines and conclude with asking for legal advice. Wow. We left that place and headed somewhere else but still decided to head in early after some over-served female repeatedly shouted lyrics to baby got back (we were over our attempt at a low key, girly night. haha..).
Saturday night, Eric and I finally headed to Canebrake!! We'd be trying to go forever, but have seemed to have something every weekend...or haven't felt like driving all the way out there. It's past Wagoner by Ft. Gibson lake and is also a resort offering yoga, trails, etc. The food at the restaurant is supposed to be amazing! And it was! The service was also fab fab fab!!
Ahhhh...finally.. a night where we're not rushing to be somewhere else, etc. :) It was nice, people, really nice. :)If you're in the area and looking for something different, upscale..and dont mind the 45 min drive (depending where you're located in town), I recommend Canebrake! Make a reservation though b/c it fills up. :) After apps, dinner, dessert and a glass of vino...plus an hr drive home, we were ready to just head home and chill....and that we did. Watched Entourage from last week and said goodnight to the world. Great Sat night. :) AND!! AND!! I almost forgot! We saw deer!! I know it's so weird that I live in OK and haven't ever seen a live deer, but we saw a little family!! SO CUTE!!!
Saturday DAY, I headed to the mall on a mission. I had some coupons about to expire and needed some work pants for the UW gig. Working at a jeans office hasn't really grown my office wardrobe that much. I buy a cute summer skirt here or there, but rarely any more dress pants or business skirts. Therefore, with a 2 month gig at the UW and lotsa presentations, I knew I'd be hurting and needed to buy a couple pieces. Bring on the Limited!!! (I heart the Limited...*happy sigh*)
Check out the cute skirt I got... (the lighter one in the pic). It'll be great right now AND when it gets cooler with tights and boots!! Then, I got these pants that are a super cute small houndstoothish pattern. AND Limited's pants were all 39.50-MAJOR SALE. Add 50% off any skirt (thank you coupons) and I was pretty happy with my purchase. :)

Dude. Random but my airbrush tan is exfoliating in some weird places. *nervous* haha! For real. I nearly clawed off my neck in the shower today attempting to rid the weird coffee stain going on before work tomorrow. Whatever. (I'm still glad I did it). I'm also slightly addicted to J!rgens N@tural Glow lotion now. Some friends who I thought either laid out all the time or spray tanned...use only that! Actually, they use the W@l-Mart brand b/c they said it smells and works better than jergens. *shrug* Who knew?! ha! I got Jergens though and put it on before bed b/c the smell bothers me and I don't wanna deal with it all day...so regular moisturizer after morning shower..and jergens at night. But it really does work. Fact.
Omg.. speaking of smell... I sprayed some random perfume on myself at Sephora yesterday and didn't think about it. The rest of the day, I kept sniffing my wrist and thinking "I smell goooooood! I need that stuff!" haha... And now I have no idea what it was. Arg. It was their "number two pick" or something... What's your fav perfume if you have one? :)
You know what next weekend is, peeps? Eric's birthday!!!!! I'm so excited and hoping my gift really surprises him! Cross your fingers!
So, tomorrow at work starts the real thing...We start calling our companies and meeting with people etc. I'm nervous!! Gonna leave you with dessert- a pic of our fabulous chocolate mousse thing from the Canebrake! Mmmmmmmmm.... Hope you all had a great weekend! :)
15 comments:
You are so adorable, its seriously not even funny! :) You have the brightest smile, and I love looking at your pictures. Your comments always brighten my day. I do have some guest bloggers, and in between the days between the wedding and the honeymoon, I plan on doing some posts about the Big Day! Would you be interested in doing a guest blog on my page? I would love to have you brighten it up!
I love your weekend recaps! This weekend seemed to fly by for me too. I also love the Tulsa Hills shopping center- my parents live near it and I always go when I'm in town. And I had to LOL at your excitement over the deer- they roam in my backyard! It freaked me out at first since I was used to living in mid-town Tulsa, but now I'm used to it. :-)
Send me over your email address so I can get ahold of you... :)
I would love to have a post from you -- you send it over in the next few days, post about anything you want. Then I will let you know what day its going up... so exciting!
There were so many great things about this post ... first off, you and your man are SO cute! The food you were eating looked amazing! I love those jeans and think they would be worth a good alternation in length if they are too long! I haven't shopped at the Limited in forever, but maybe I should start! AND, my favorite perfume is Flowerbomb from Saks ... love it!!
Love those Miss Me jeans, Miss Jax. Did you know that I look forward to your Weekend Recaps every week :)!
Deer roam in my babysitter's backyard, behind her fence... it is bizarre to drop Lucia off and see deer in the distance, but kinda cool at the same time. I bet L will love it when she comes to realize what they are and that they are there.
I am digging the shopping deals you got this weekend!! There is nothing better than saving money. That skirt is awesome, btw.
I am wanting chocolate layer cake now and when I come to OK next I want to check out that ultra-posh restaurant.
exfoliate really well (maybe twice a day) for the next couple days and that should get rid of your remaining spray tan :)
also-when i buy jeans and am afraid they will shrink i don't dry them. wash them as usual and then just lay them out to dry :) no shrinkage!
Fun weekend! That cake looks amazing! I'll take a slice!
Sounds like your weekend was great! I too look forward to your recaps!
Ok… totally jealous of your weekend!!! That bowling alley freaking ROCKS!!! I felt like I was there… thanks for sharing!
I didn't answer your perfume question!! Right now Stella McCartney's "Stella" is my favorite out of my collection.
That sounds like a great weekend! The food looks so fantastic too.
OooooOoo those jeans are cute and that chocolate cake looks to die for ;)
xox
Fave perfume: Amarige by Givenchy. :-) Almost out...memo to self!
Post a Comment