Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bring on the long weekend...

Alright, peeps.. I'm tired but I have this compulsion to blog. I think it's a sickness really... *nervous* haha.. So...list.

1. Bday event for my regular job's VP tonight at a co-worker's house. Fun stuff! I was so tired but glad I went.... It can't hurt to keep my existence in the line of view since I'm coming back eventually. Plus, seeing everyone was pretty fun! :)
2. Today was weird... I've decided morning meetings blow @ss. Blunt, but true. I was told my morning comp. may or may not run a campaign this year. *sigh* And it was raining. And I had huge bags of campaign materials I was juggling so they didn't get wet. It was funny..er..kinda..
3. Afternoon was MUCH.BETTER. Sun was out, my afternoon meetings were awesome!! However, walking into a company I once applied at was weeeeird! haha! When I left the firm, I applied at a local company in compliance or something and had walked my resume in... I didn't realize it was the same place til I walked in there again today and laughed to myself. (They never called me for an interview btw. Funny stuff. Their loss!! :)) Anyway, I think people are nicer in the afternoons? Eh? I think so.
4. I may have bought the darker shade of Jerg*ns natural glow lotion today. Don't judge me.
5. I won a hula hooping contest at work today! Well... we have these things where we have generationally themed events to raise money, etc... Today was the 50s and I am a hula hooping rockstar. (Care to challenge me?) ;) I remember I hula hooped for over 25 minutes in middle school in a D@RE contest. I won. Duh. Have you ever tried those weighted hoops? They're supposed to be a workout? They seriously just make me feel like I'm breaking bones the whole time I'm hooping. Just sayin.
6. Ever since I realized the birds at the airport were fake (the loud squawking noise they play to scare away pigeons... I fbooked about this and many of you commented in agreement that you didn't know they were fake either-thank you!), I have noticed the fake tweets EVERYWHERE. Case in point.. a local business also has the fake birdy pa system. It's so freaking weird. STOP THE SQUAWKING! haha! (I may have taken a photo with my phone. Whatever.) I suppose it's better than being crapped on by pigeons while you're walking. *shrug*

I will be in bed before midnight. I will be in bed before midnight. I will be in bed.... Have a great Thursday, everyone!!

8 comments:

S said...

Bryan told me he saw you yesterday at his work...did that happen to be said business? I have also decided that I NEED to know where all you shop (besides Francesca's obvi). You just always look so super cute! I am sure you are totally rocking it at UW! Congrats on the hulahooping! HAHA

Shawna said...

lol - "fake birdy pa system", "care to challenge me?", and "don't judge me." I miss you, Jax. Thanks for making me laugh on one of the most nerve-wracking mornings of my life. ;-)

Ashley said...

Yep, people are indeed nicer in the afternoons. Even me, and I'm a morning person (well, not so much lately, but usually I am).

I once tried the weighted hoops. I had bruises on my waist/ribs the next day. Not kidding, it hurt like hell.

In This Wonderful Life said...

i never get in bed when i want to!! that is awesome about the hula contest! im no good at it! and that company is probably sorry they missed out on you!!

Stacia said...

hey hula girl..ha! I have been using a little Jergen's myself ;)
I have learned there are some people you just don't speak to before 10:00.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I have been going to bed way too late this week too! I'm hopefully in bed and asleep before midnight too!

Annie said...

way to go hula hooping champ! ;)

i really need to get some jergen's lotion as well, i realized yesterday that i'm more pale than i think i've ever been...it's seriously sad! ha!

p.s. thank you for your sweet comment yesterday. means a lot to know i have blogy friends here for me. you are a doll!

Windy City Kelley's said...

Ha ha, I knew the birds were fake but I didn't know they were to scare the pigeons off :) I hear them all the time at different places around here too.