Gooood Monday morning! So, I haven't done my weekend recap b/c Eric and I went to go hear a jazz singer at C!ao last night so I got home late. :) In case you haven't been to jazz night in their side bar area, you totally should. We went to hear the same singer that was there on my birthday (who Eric knows and was going to have sing me a song before I totally ruined it.. He's a good boyfriend. Fact.). :) Anyway, I'll post links and stuff with my weekend recap pics! :)
So, yesterday, I got home and my lovely LLs were milling around out front. I guess my downstairs neighbor heard water running allllll day and called. So, I'm thinking "Crap. If there's another leak in my apt, I'm gonna flip." There wasn't. Oh no.. they think it's in the walls or something or below the apt. *nervous* So, in the meantime, I have zero h20 at my casa or in the whole buidling. Zero. I showered at Eric's last night and bought water bottles n stuff in my optimistic hope that it'll be fixed sooner than later. (riiiiight...). It's really not that bigofa deal (ask me again in two days) b/c I can always head to my mom's or Eric's, but still. I think I'm at kinda a weird place with the apt. I WANT to move, but is buying a house right now sensible? I dont think so really. *sigh* B/c for example.. if something like this happened while I was the homeowner, well.. that sucks.. and it would likely destroy my savings. Eric was quick to point out that a lot of peeps who I know that own houses are on dual incomes..and were/are on the dink plan which always helps (dual income no kids..haha)...while most of my single friends are renters. Good point, Eric. Good point indeed.
I hate to go on and on about this so thanks for reading this rant. I'm just not sure what to do.. Move? Rent a house? Rent another apt? Try to buy a house and pray nothing goes significantly wrong with it? (for Planner McPlan Jax, that won't work). Just last week, a friend had a tree fall on her house. Um. What?! It's stuff like that which makes me groan with nervousness about being a homebuyer. *le sigh* I wish our community had more townhomes, condos, etc. Plus, there's a part of me now that...while I will always love midtown... am starting to realize the bonus in moving to a newer home.
Without a dual income (or dink plan.. haha.. that still makes me laugh a lot), I'd really like to make a leetle more (wouldn't we all, right? haha) to buck the student loan payments while enabling me to purchase said home without frustration. :) It is what it is, but I'm just feeling a leetle frustrated or something, ya know. Then I start re-evaluating everything-should I consider changing jobs? Then, I start going off in my little brain about my career path. It's really a confusing spiral of thoughts...haha...so I try to avoid sinking into the overly-analytical-self-evaluative process and play the "let's avoid this whole thing" game.. until something breaks in my apt.. *laughing at myself*
*shrug* Moving on...
I have been toooouchy lately. I'm checking it at the door, peeps..or trying to. Ever get like that? Where something that would normally kinda bug ya becomes earth shattering? LOL! It's bizarre. Now that I've acknowledged it, my game plan is to just shove chocolate in my mouth or something when I feel like I'm being touchy. I like this plan. :)
I hope you're having a good Monday! I really am despite sounding like I'm not..haha... I didn't mean for my bloggy to come across that way if it did. Just venting in the abstract, I suppose. :) Have a good day! Weekend update complete with pics to come this evening. :)
10 comments:
I was in your same boat a few years ago and held off (of course, the $8,000 incentive from the gov't wasn't there enticing me either!). I'm glad I did, b/c 2 incomes definitely got a better house than what I could have gotten on my own! New or old, owning a house is a lot of work, b/c there's always something you need/want/plan/etc for the house, decor, yard, etc. We love our house now, but we milled over the decision on when to buy for quite awhile. You'll figure it out & will someday (sooner or later) own a fabulous house that you will love!
cant wait for the pics! sounds like you had fun!
i love your blog! and i would love it if you followed my new one!
http://kerry-mylifemyloves.blogspot.com/
:)
as a part of a DINK that doesn't own a home I know what you're going through especially when all of your friends have adorable homes and you think hey why not me too but we know we'd be better off waiting a little longer. It's hard though so I understand where your coming from. Good luck with the decision making process from a fellow apartment dweller.
move in with eric, get married and have lots of adorable babies that will never take a bad picture.
:) I'm laughing right now because I'm picturing you're reaction to all of that!
haha.... Ashley, you entertain me. :) I'm scared for my children and photos b/c I think they're going to feel like their mom is the paparazzi. Just sayin.
I agree with Ashley :)
SUCH A TOUCHY SUBJECT, THIS RENTING VS. BUYING THING. WE STILL RENT, AND FOR NOW, I LIKE NOT HAVING TO BE TOTALLY RELIABLE! HA! YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR YOU :) AND I TOTALLY LOVE THE "DINK' PLAN. SERIOUSLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD AT THE TERM.! HAPPY MONDAY!
We are dinks and renting, but I would say soak it all in and save.save.save. until you can buy a house and have no frustrations or fears. If most of society did this and were smarter .... so many people wouldn't be in the scary and stressful situations they are in. Okay, I will stop venting!!!!
Girl, speaking as a homeowner getting ready to sell...and as a single income fam WITH kids...(what's the acronym for THAT?!)...uh, home ownership is expensive. In both time and money. Do you like working with contractors? Because if you don't, you better learn to love it fast if you're gonna buy. Just sayin'. :-) Mark was on the phone with three different peeps today to get basic stuff done before we get our house appraised for sale. Grr. Everything from broken garage doors to leaky dryer ventilation pipes to missing roof shingles to deck stainer people and painters and plumbers and flooring specialists. Ergh. LOTSA work. Lots. Rent. Enjoy the comforts of a community with amenities and no yardwork or maintenance costs. It rocks.
Love the dress you wore to the wedding! xoxo KAG
Post a Comment