Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Recap and Fall Fashion

Thanks for your well wishes! I feel quite a bit better, but am not pushing it. I did that whole sleeping-propped-up thing b/c laying somewhat flat made me unable to breathe. Awesome. Add a tissue box beside me. It was really sexy. Trust me. (ew).

Anyway, here are some pics from the weekend! I 100% lost my voice Friday and upon looking at some of the pics, I look about like my voice sounded.. for reals.. so I edited. haha.. It's my blog. I can.

Friday night was Eric's bday thing at White Owl with some friends! Linda baked a cake!! I have a feeling one of my new years resolutions will be to bake more things. My other resolution had better be to work out more then.. haha..
I have no idea why this is blurry! Blerg! I would have re-taken if I'd known. *sigh*
Ashley came too! And she brought some awesomesauce HOMEMADE puppy cupcakes for Gracie dog.. or pupcakes if you will. Gracie wouldn't pose with one when I gave it to her. Trying to snap a good photo became a cruel game of teasing her, so I just gave up... And we may have taken like 4 photos...of this same pose.. b/c we couldnt seem it get it right... hilarious.
Saturday, bright and early wake up call to head to Norman where we ultimately got slaughtered.. but let's not talk about that. I love going to the games, so it was fun regardless. :) We headed to Eric's dad's friend's tailgate for some yummy food and pregame fun. Can you spot Eric and Timberly? It's tough. ;)
Specks of blue in a sea of crimson...
Timberly and I gave up on the game somewhere around third quarter and started talking about other randomness b/c watching was just too painful..haha..
The most annoying fans of the day. Note everyone sitting around them. Note them standing directly in front of us.. well, directly in front of Timberly actually. It was ridiculous. There really is a soul mate for everyone. And these people found theirs in each other. Likely b/c they were the only two people standing at the football game. Just sayin...
The Golden Hurr!cane didn't have a stellar performance. *sigh* But it really was fun to go! Happy Eric and his dad invited Timberly and me to tag along. :) We had fun... even though we may have taken the TU flag down for the ride home... haha... (PS-Have you seen the new mascot?)
Saturday night, I was so allergy-ed out and Eric had a headache, sooooo we got a pizza, picnicked on the floor and watched tv....til we passed out before 11pm.. haha.. But it was fabulous, people. Fabulous! *Happy sigh*

Then Sunday, I took G money to the puppy park and she made some friends! She actually played in the small doggie area til she was played out! I only had my phone so here's a cute pic of her with one of her doggie friends she met named Miley! haha..
Finished the weekend with chips and salsa and girl time at Los Cabos with Marla! :) Not bad, given my nose blowing every 5 seconds. And in case you can't notice by my weekend activities, I think I was in denial that I wasn't feeling well. But last night, it hit and sleeping was sooooo good... Stupid allergies. :)

On a completely random note, when the hell did JCR#W get cool? I never really liked their stuff a lot, but this season, I am pretty much in love with the store. I was looking for something to wear to an upcoming wedding and wandered in there this weekend. I haven't purchased anything b/c uh.. it's stupid-overpriced. For reals. But.. just b/c I'm obsessed, how.adorable.is.this.stuff?!

I seem to be drawn to anything with ruffles like this, texture, etc..
HELLO.. this is awesome.
Hi, I'm Jackie and I should have this outfit. Please tell my credit card company they should award me a bonus for being awesome. Eh? (and this girl also makes me want to dye my hair brown at my appt tomorrow but that's another story).
AND they have awesome jewelry.. like this! But uh.. this is 150 bucks. Yes. It is. Case in point as to why I wasn't lying when I said it was overpriced stuff.
Okay, enough of the ramblingness. I'll give you your life back now. :) Have a great Tuesday!

14 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love all the tailgating pictures! And yay for football season! Oh my gosh, J Crew's jewelry lately has just been amazing! I was drooling over their stuff online this morning...

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I totally want to go dark too, but too nervous. You do it first, and I promise to follow! haha -- my husband told me I would be boring without my blonde hair .... total *sigh*

Angela said...

That necklace is gorgeous! And Gracie is too cute with her new friend. :-) Feel better! Mike's allergies have been killing him the past few days.

Anonymous said...

omg what happened to capain cane?!! it looks like the domino pizza nerd...remember that thing? i am unhappy with this. who shall i send a strong worded email to? alove

Anonymous said...

super blog, visited u, do u like sweetychocos please vist this sweetychocos and taste until u like, if u like more pls add this as SWEETYCHOCOS in ur blog and dont forgot to leave your comments after tasting this sweetychocos
http://sweetychocoswithecstasy.blogspot.com

S said...

Captain Cane makes me want to cry now...UGH

Ashley said...

Captain Cane scares the shit out of me and if I see him at homecoming I will either start crying and hyperventilating(sp) or run away screaming.

Re: the sweetychocos above, is it weird that i feel like I would love some sweetychocos?

Candace said...

I am in Luurrvvee with J.Crew but refuse to by anything full priced because your are so right, it is rediculous. BUT, the online sales are usually pretty amazing, and I have a j.crew outlet close to my casa and every once in a while stop there :) Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I just found it but I thought I'd say hi. Can't wait to follow along!

Andrea said...

I love the necklace but I bet you could make one for like $20 or less. I mean no offense here, but think the new TU Mascot looks like the Noid, the pizza character.

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I was totally in denial about feeling crappy this weekend too...I'm glad you got to do lots of fun stuff anyway and are feeling better! Also, the J. Crew stuff is beautiful, but I agree..It's just so freakin' expensive!

JAMIE said...

What a fun filled post!! Don't you hate those fans that just HAVE to stand the whole time?! So annoying!

Meredith said...

People standing when everyone else around them is sitting should be shot. That happened to us at a concert (granted, it sounds dumb that we were sitting at a concert but it was a very chill concert and no one was standing. Except the two people directly in front of us. SIT DOWN.) Also, I'm a huge fan of J Crew but their prices are laughable. I have no idea why they charge so much but apparently someone out there is willing to pay it! I do think purchasing one of those outfits might be in order. Eric shouldn't be the only one to celebrate his birthday! Woohoo!

Iva Messy said...

wow!! what fun pictures! Happy belated birthday to Eric!! Have a great rest of the evening!