I had a 7 am meeting....(wait for it) and got to kick off the auction part of the meeting by modeling this little number... A Yurman bracelet... fab! :) (However, the one I was modeling was slightly different with some more yellow gold in it.. very pretty). And...and.. it went for more than anything else in the auction! (You're seeing my competitive nature coming out.. haha)...
Anyway, not a bad way to start of your work day.. modeling jewelry... haha!
And while I'm on things I cannot afford, I saw some AWESOME watches in my mom's InStyle from Hermes and Tissot.. They made my Michael Kors one seem like it was being given away! LOL! :)
I'd also like to announce that as I type this, I'm sitting up straight and loving it! What do I mean? I mean.. I broke my back on this very Tuesday last year!!! Can you believe it?! It was actually the 21st, but I remembered it was a Tuesday and went to look on the bloggage (another reason blogs are awesome...archiving my injuries.. haha). Anyway, here's the post about it. I was actually thinking the other day that I've had a pretty damn good year.. I mean 2009 has been pretty great so far. I dont want to jinx it or anything so I won't...but yeah. :)
Anyway, lesson for all of us: Always.hold.handrails. This is what they make them for (and hand sanitizer afterwards). :)
Today, I'm pumped to have not only a hair appt but a sushi date with Maureen, who I haven't seen in FOREVER!
PS.. I may or may not still have a ton of pain pills from the broken back thing. haha...Apparently they thought I was a wuss....or that I liked hydrocodone.. haha.. *nervous*
24 comments:
Pretty bracelet!!
Breaking your back?! That's intense...I am a klutz and will be much more careful on stairs from now on. Ha! Glad you have healed up since then :)
Oh wow! That's horrible-I'm so glad that you're doing better!
dude, i remember when you broke your back, and my initial reaction was, "only JACKIE would have luck like that." :) so glad you're standing up straight, posture queen!!!
additionally, i had a similar situation wherein a doctor gave me a SHITLOAD of vicodin and xanax. it made me wonder if he had considered the possibility that i might be a drug addict. ???
xo!
I can't believe it's been a year since your back injury! Glad it's healed (and you still have a stash of pain pills! ha!)
Congrats on the back situation! I always hold handrails because I have fallen up/down stairs more times than I care to admit. And hold onto those pain pills, you never know when you might need an extra boost. :)
Yay for modelng Yurman!! :)
oh my gosh hun!! OWIE!! i just went and read the story!! i'm glad you are all healed! i tend to trip up and down the stairs a lot. i do hold the railing whenever i can too ;)
enjoy your hair appt and your sushi date!!
that's awesome that you got to modle some expensive jewelry for work, fun!
Docs are funny about pain pills. When I had my knee surgeries I had SO MANY I didn't know what to do with them.. even if I DID have a problem I prbly never could have used them all. then with my recent attack of the psycho cat when my hand ballooned to 5x its size and it HURT LIKE HELL I had to BEG the doc for PKs - they only gave them to me after I teard up at the office twice, and I think they also prbly ran a background check!! Oh my.
isn't modeling random stuff awesome?!?!?! loves.
so glad your back is healing well! t hat is awesome cause breaking your back.. holy crap. scary.
Love me some Yurman!
Glad you are healing up well! And SO FUN modeling that Yurman!!
Congratulations on not having a broken back this year! That's a serious injury- I can't even imagine how you managed!
yay for you for getting payed to model pretty jewelry! Can't believe you broke you back!!! Dang that is really rough! But thank God for pain meds and that you feel better! Enjoy your sushi date! Yum!
getting paid to model jewelry sounds like a sweet gig!!! But boo that the meeting was so early.
PRETTY bracelet! I LOVE tissot watches!!
Love David Yurman! So jealous!
and they wonder why people become drug addicts. pushers!
yea for sitting up straight. i remember i was in france when you broke your back and i had to find out about it via your blog that i was perusing upon my return. i just remember reading it nonchalantly and then coming to that part and nearly throwing my laptop in my attempt to scramble and find the phone to call you and check on you. still sad i was out of the country and missed it : (
Lucky girl, I love David Yurman! Can't afford it all but whatever. Broke your back? Wow, so glad you are all healed up from that, I can't even imagine!!!
Yeah, I made the blog! Glad we finally got to catch up on everything. Can't wait to hangout again soon! I actually got talked into doing the Versa tonight. The guy told me to try it because "it's so much better because you do 4 posititions instead of 2"--I'm already getting scared and getting darker by the second!
End Result= about 10 shades darker!!!!
My friend broke her back in college, it seemed so painful! Glad you are feeling better!
PS: Cute bracelet!
oohh how you getting your hair done? xx
Oh my gaw, I can't believe you broke your back! Poor thing. But thank the Lord you're sitting up straight and blogging away ;) Have fun at your hair appointment, they always make me so happy!!
I can't believe you broke your back! That sounds so painful!
cute bracelet!
Wow, can't believe it's already been a year. So grateful that you are back to normal. What a blessing! xo
Post a Comment