Sunday, December 27, 2009

996!! Whoa.

996 is the number of posts I'm on! Oh.my.gawd. I yammer on a lot...and um.. this is proof.. haha.. You see, I started a blog after some of my college friends (Kat and Karl, Brooke and Paul, etc in my links) started theirs to stay in touch with each other. :) That was somewhere around 2005. I know bloggidies have become more and more prevalent since then and I've even changed mine (it used to be my full name but I didn't heart that, so closed the old one down and moved over here). :) Kelsey prompted me to pay attn to how long I've been doing this as today is her one year bloggidy bday! :) And when I looked, I thought "if I time this right, I could hit 1000 posts at NEW YEARS! Ohmygosh I have to try!" So, even though I was gonna skip blogging today, opted to go for the goal!!!

And a question for you! I think I want to pay someone to make my bloggidy pretty to celebrate my 1,000th post. Recommendations?!

Okay, now on to other things.. HOW WAS YOUR HOLIDAY?! :) It snowed here.. rephrase.. We had a blizzard on Christmas Eve. haha.. No really, we did. Next year, I might wish for just a "light dusting" instead of a full blown White Christmas b/c I just got home.. As in was just able to get out of my mom's neighborhood TODAY (Sunday!). Eric and I haven't even had our Xmas yet b/c we couldnt get outta our parents neighborhoods! hah! (It's funny today b/c I'm mobile. Wasn't super funny the other day.. Read: I was overdramatic).

But, it was certainly beautiful and kinda cool to say we had a white Christmas for the first time in years...even if it hindered mobility. I'm just glad I was able to get to my mom's house to spend time with her. :) And I was still able to go to Christmas Eve at Eric's fam's in Owasso which was super fun! Love his family! More to come on that with photos later. :) (along with the "we got severely stuck in the snow" story)

Christmas with mom was great! We would have loved to get outta the house, but forced bonding over Sex and the City and other dvds isn't so bad...and it definitely didn't hurt us any. :) Pics to follow :) (PS..I have an SUV..but it's not 4 wheel drive. Sooo that doesnt do much in this weather. Awesome. haha)

Yesterday, Lauren's dad came to get her for a movie.. and since I was a few blocks away, they let me tag along! YAY getting out of the house and spending time with friends!! Mom went to a movie with her friend, too... :) We saw.....
...and I liked it! It was very "real" if you will. It's not a fairy tale type story, but it's thought provoking and just plain good. Two thumbs up!

Then, last night, Eric's dad, Eric and his bro came to grab me (they had 4 wheel drive and were super sweet to come get me :) ) to see this...
...in 3D! I haven't seen a 3D movie in...well.. I can't even remember! It was really good! I like that kinda stuff..aliens..sci fi, etc...My wannabe lawyer friends read John Grisham. Even in law school, I preferred Dean Koontz. Comical. Anyway, I also dig James Cameron, so yeah. :) We did, however decide that it was kinda Fern Gully + Aliens + attempt at blue Native Americans. *shrugs* I NEVER get motion sickness but when they were flying around with the 3D stuff in full effect, I had to look down a couple times! I was like "Jackie, don't be that girl..don't get sick while at the alien movie with the boys" haha.. Two thumbs up on this one, too. :)

Okay, I need to unpack some stuff and then re-pack Eric's gifts and hopefully head over there for us to finally have our Christmas together! I hope you had a great holiday weekend and spent lotsa time with family and/or friends :) Much love from a snowy Tulsa!

29 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

I saw Avatar too (against my will) and I really really enjoyed it! I thought the scenery and the story was really good! I want to see Up In The Air now, everyone keeps saying how good it was!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I am JEALOUS of your white Christmas!!

Try this designer for your blog: http://designedbyleslie.blogspot.com/ she seems super sweet and her stuff looks great!!

Anonymous said...

I still haven't really left the house-my SUV isn't 4 wheel drive either so I got stuck at Target yesterday and in my driveway once I got home so today I've refused to leave!

I hope you and Eric get to have your Christmas soon!

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun busy weekend :)

Jamie (http://designsbyjamiek.blogspot.com/) did my blog - you should check her out :)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

hmm..for your 1000th post you should give away a car :) hehe...or just something fun....or...I dont know. whatever!

Brown Girl said...

Glad you had a great holiday. Summer did my blog layout, she's super nice and easy to work with, her link is on my page somewhere!

Marian said...

Oh, I'm jealous of the white Christmas. They've had lots of snow in NH, but its not that super white that you want on Christmas morning!!

And I want to see Avatar so bad. Glad you liked it!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Talk about blogging pro! That is impressive .... as in like 3x as many posts as me!! You were even blogging before it was quite cool -- haha! xoxo

Sarah said...

hey!!!! go to etsy.com and type in blog headers/blogger makeovers ... something of that speed and you can find people that will customize your blog for various prices/packages. i have considered it myself, but right now i am digging my plain jane joyfully gray two column. i get bored and tired easily though! you should have someone do it for you, especially because you, my darling, are a blogging pro!

merry christmas!

Sarah said...

i am still saying merry christmas because i don't want it to be over with yet.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I can't believe all of your posts!! That is crazy! I love your blog... and i have so much catching up to do. At least I get to see your tweet updates too ;) Glad you at least had a white Christmas, even though it was like a blizzard! I have heard rave reviews about Avatar... so I think I want to see it. Glad you liked it!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Holy crap girl! 1000 posts! I'm downright impressed!!

And I agree on the light dusting next year...our blizzard almost had us stranded as well! At least you were at your moms, beats out the Kansas City airport!

Abby said...

Happy 996 posts! I can't wait to read your 1000th :) I'm glad you and your honey are FINALLY having your Christmas tonight! If you wish for a light dusting next year...that would be great. The snow you wished for this year was a little handicapping! xoxo!

Unknown said...

Yay for all those posts!! You deserve for someone to make yours pretty! I am definitely going to one day!

Llama said...

I want to see Avatar too...it look awesome! Sounds like you had a great holiday so far...and yet to come! Yay for all the posts...keep them coming!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I can think of worse things than bonding over SATC! Glad to hear you had a fab holiday lady!

Windy City Kelley's said...

We saw Avatar this weekend too. I liked it but thought it was way too long. I LOVED Up In The Air. Georgie poo looks so good in it!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Glad you made it home safely! We got lots of ice in Northwest Arkansas which made driving oh-so-very-fun, haha! I really want to see Avatar (I'm a nerd like that), so I think I'm going to try to make it to the theater Wednesday. Have a great Monday lovely lady!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Jamie @ Diary of Make-Up Obsessed did my blog design and I LOVE IT! I gave her a few pictures and said I don't care what you do as long as it's pink and chic and voila..I could not have been happier!
Glad you had a nice holiday, I am not sure if I would like Avatar but I might have to check it out!

xoxo,
Blair

Annie said...

we had a very white christmas in minnesota too ;)
i really don't like driving in the stuff!
i'm glad the snow didn't ruin your christmas, it sounds like it was perfect!! i never go to movies but those two sound like they are worth red boxing.
i can't believe you are almost to 1000 posts!! that is crazy!! awesome, crazy ;)
i hope you have a wonderful week sweet girly!! XO!

Ashley said...

Ooo la la 1000 posts! Girl, you are on a roll! Keep it up...maybe you should make a goal for your 2000th post!

In This Wonderful Life said...

that is crazy!!! I didn't realize you had been blogging for so long! For your 1000th post...we should go to lunch! :)

Kat said...

Yay for your almost 1000th post!


I actually have two recommendations for blog pretty-upers (although I think yours looks awesome now.)

1. Danielle at Girls Night Out Blog Designs http://girlsnightoutblogdesigns.blogspot.com/ did mine. She is great to work with and very affordable.

2. I also LOVE Jessica at The Love List http://thelovelist.net/ She is also awesome at what she does. One of my fave blogs she did was PIPM at http://www.prettyinpinkmegan.com/

I hope this helps. Happy Happy New Yr girlie :)

xo,
Kat

Kelsey Claire said...

Just found your blog so I thought I would say hi. Your dog is just precious!

Sierra said...

Glad you got a white Christmas, I am a bit jealous he he but I am just glad that I made it to UT without a flight being delayed, which has happened in the past. Anyway, I'm happy that you had a fun Christmas and that you were able to see a couple of fun films - I want to see both and am going to try and drag BK to one on New Year's Eve. Hope you have a super New Year's love!

Sierra said...

Oh and I like your blogging goals, that is a whole lot of blogging - you go girl! :)

Lived With Love said...

aww we had no snow im jealous!!! hope you had a great time :) xxxx

Jenny DB said...

OOooh good luck on reaching 1000!! And I am soooo jealous you got a white christmas!!!! can't wait to see avatar myself, so glad to hear you like it...

PorkStar said...

We had some snow here but got washed away by the amount of rain it fell during a two-day non stop rain competition.

And congrats on your 996 blog post... and soon to be 1000.

DAMN!! that's a whole lot of yapping...
(said with much love)

Cheers