Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

So, I was going to blog last night, but apparently passing out on the sofa with my dog seemed like a better idea.. haha... :) I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm prepping for another (and my last) meeting this week-I travel again tomorrow! :) Then, back to normalcy!

Here's a pic of my group from my meeting last week.. Note The Bachelor on in the background of our little room we were eating in. :)

And now for the weekend... So, proud to say I've kept up with my 5K training! Love running with the group and having accountability in my friend, Rachel, too. :) Went yesterday and got some better shoes. Mine were (1) old...actually really old and (2) whatever I'd seen that was cute/on sale. Sooo figured nicer shoes would be a better fit for my recovering back. :) Went to a couple places and ended up at the place I'm training with for the 5K! Tried on like 6 different ones with advice from the owner re my foot, etc, ran outside in them for a sec and ended up with the Mizuno Wave Alchemy 9. :) Haven't run in them yet, but looking forward to it!
Friday, Eric and I saw the movie Book of Eli... I don't give it many stars. I love Denzel and Mila, so that was a bonus, but it was pretty violent, which was not a bonus. The story was okay, but the way they carried it out was kinda "eh."

Saturday, I went to lunch with mom and then shopping for some jeans for her. I think she may have tried on 30 pairs before opting for some cute ones at the Gap. :) Jeans are so hard.

Then, Sat night Eric and I tried some place he'd found through Chowhound (online) called Joyners. It's a home cooked food place. And it was SO.FREAKING.GOOD. The "buffet" (but it's not a walk through buffet.. it's cooked to order) came with two meats, three sides and a bread...oh and a dessert. Eric got smothered pork chops & catfish while I got catfish & rotisserie chicken. And the owner sat and talked with us for awhile.. super nice retired gentleman. :) I highly recommend if you're in the Tulsa area... :) It's off 21st and Memorialish in a shopping center. :)

Eric before we started eating.. aka before we had to be rolled out of there. Good thing I'm running these days.. haha.. :)

Spent some of Sunday at work...yeehaw.. but overall a really good weekend! Productive, fun, low key... The only thing that didnt get done was cleaning my apt.. and wow does it need it. *head hung in shame*

Okay peeps hope your week is off to a good start!

23 comments:

Andrea said...

So proud of you for the marathon thing!

Glad your Mom found her non-old person jeans (re: Twitter on Saturday).

And yay for homecooked down home fattening food that should be served with a heart defibulator on the side, so delicious! ;)

Kaitlin said...

Good job on the running! I'll be starting that back up this spring at some point and I'm already excited about it. And, I LOVE Mizunos...they've been my running shoe for 4 years now and I have no complaints!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Good job on your running--thats so awesome! I have the same running shoes-love them...not that I use them much ;) That restaurant sounds amazing!

S said...

That meal looks delish! I will have to tell Bryan about that place for sure! Have a good week Doll!

Marian said...

Sounds like a nice little weekend you had there. And the mac and cheese in the picture is making me drool. Looks soooo good

Lived With Love said...

All that food looks so delicious!!! Although i've never had catfish! Well done for the running, i hate running!! xxx

Laura and Ryan said...

Yum Yum that food looks great! I hope your back gets better with these new shoes :)

Anonymous said...

good job on the working out lady!!

Melissa @ So These Are My Thirties said...

I'm looking for a new pair of sneakers, so make sure to update on how they work out for you :)

Stacia said...

That pic is Eric is hilarious! Good job on the running...I am doing som ethings too just haven't decided to blog about them yet.
Have a great week!

Kristin said...

Oh yum! Mac and cheese is SO good! Especially at places like that!

Brittany said...

Seems like you had a great weekend!! Good job on keeping up with your 5K training :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That is awesome about your running! I am an awful runner so I totally give props to you! Mmmm mac and cheese...

Jon and Steph said...

Way to go with the running! and it's definitely a good thing you got new shoes. I was having some serious issues, and found out it's because I needed new tennies!

Okay and that food looks to die for! I love down home cooking.... YUM!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Go girl for running and keeping up with it!
Glad you had a nice weekend! I hope this week is even better!
xo
Blair

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

That's great about your running. I've always admired runners, but can't for the life of me get into it. I loathe it with every ounce of my being!

Glad you had a good weekend! My husband would have LOVED that restaurant...anything that involves insane amounts of food is a-okay in his book!

Jen said...

Great job on the running! Glad you had a fun weekend :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Been there with my mama too. Jeans shopping is no joke! You're motivating to get off my arse and back on the exercise bandwagon. Dec/Jan has been a wash so far. EEEK!

Annie said...

oh my goodness!! that food all looks so yummy!!!
yay for running!! i've been hitting the treadmill these days too! i actually really enjoy it ;)
i need some new kicks, i like yours!!
glad you had a good weekend!
i hope you are having a great week pretty girl! :)

Monique Geisler said...

your table looks like Thanksgiving :) haha

Nice blog... just ran across it today!

Sierra said...

Those are killer shoes - I just ordered some new running shoes for my race in 7 days - it came so fast. Great job with keeping up your running and looks like you had fun with your friends! :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

never heard of this place but I might have to check it out!!!

Anonymous said...

All that food looks so freaking good. So good!