Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's your morning routine?

...when you get to work?

Me?

Go in, get pepsi at cafe. Proceed to other end of building where my elevators/escalators are...pepsi in tow. Hope I dont slip on the inclined floor...b/c I'm clumsy. Seriously, I think this every.single.day. :) Say good morning to people I pass. I pretend they want me to say hi every morning, so I do it. For them. Duh. ;) Log in, check internet in this order for about 10 minutes: twitter, facebook, cnn, while eating a nature's valley granola bar I keep at my desk. Depending on the day, eating that granola bar/perusing the internet takes different amounts of time. ;) I then decide whether to music it up.. and if so, log in to yahoo music, pop in headphones and commence working...

Yup. And now I'm sharing this with you b/c I'm taking a super quick blog break...and b/c I'm curious.. what's your morning pattern, peeps?

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Come in, put food in the fridge. Set up laptop, and then get water, and coffee or tea. Sit down, and get online to read a couple of blogs. Email good morning to my friends who work on the other side of the building, open a new browser, and start working. (I also check facebook and twitter, but that's on my blackberry so as to not attract internet-police.) :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm mine is come in, put my lunch in the fridge and grab a spoon or fork for my breakfast. Usually I have my coffee, so I walk in, say hi to my boss, load up my computer and then check my email and blogger. I finish my coffee and then move onto whatever I brought for breakfast, usually a yogurt or fruit. Then I sit there waiting for lunch time... or the end of the day... lol

Annie said...

mine is...
walk 2 blocks to work once off the bus, smile at security officer in the lobby and wait for an elevator. find security pass to get into office doors, get to my cube and start computer, then to the lunch room to get giant glass of water with ice, check emails, then get on the internet for an hour or two....or all day! haha.
maybe i should have posted that as anonymous ;)
i mean i do work if either of my bosses needs anything from me.
fun post hun!! have a great wednesday!! :)

Melanie's Randomness said...

I actually work 5 minutes from my job so my morning rountine is wake up at 8:35 and run around the house like a mad woman getting my coffee, my shower, my hair done, my make-up & hopefully be out of the house by 8:55. Some days I make it on time. =)

Brown Girl said...

go in. down 2 cups of coffee. check email. check all my favorite photographers blogs. then do some work. if I feel like it.

;)

Lauryl Lane said...

On flower market days, I wake up around 5am, throw on some clothes, scrub my face, stuff a hat over my dirty hair, and drive downtown. On non-market-days, like today, I wake up, grab a bowl of cereal, sit down on the sofa and catch up on emails, blog subs, etc., while sitting in my mu-mu. And then eventually I shower and dress and head down to the studio! ;-)

Jenny DB said...

#1 coffee. always :-)

Marian said...

Usually the first thing I do when I get to the office is use the bathroom. I have about a 30 minute commute and I just always end up having to go when I get in...especially if I drink coffee. I'll go start up my computer and walk down the hall to my colleague's office and talk to him for 10 minutes or until my boss gives me a dirty look. Then I'll go back to my office, check work email, then gmail, then facebook, then gmail again. Read some blogs, eat some oatmeal then get to work. Or at least try:)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Very similar to yours actually : ) Mine usually begins with a caffeinated beverage (Starbucks latte or Coca-Cola) then I head to my desk, eat a pop-tart and troll around the internet for the first hour pretending to "work" while my brain boots up for the day, haha!

Kaitlin said...

Before Leighton, my day sounded more like yours. Now, it's coffee (LOVE it these days), baby duties, then email whenever I get a chance :)

Brittany said...

Since I'm a nanny, I wake up, get ready, take the dog out, head to work and when I get there, it's whatever the kids want to do! haha - side walk chalk, swim, go to the park - Oh if I could only do this job forever!!

Charlotte said...

Hi I thought I would join in - hope that's ok!

I arrive at work saying 'morning' to everyone as I walk to my desk, log on computer, go and make coffee/tea/herbal tea depending how much caffeine I need and get my water bottle filled up. Sit at desk, check emails, check workload, check hotmail. Start working! :D

I would check facebook/twitter/all my gossip websites if they hadn't banned half of them - booooo!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I do something similar. I get to work, check my email, check our database to see what happened while I was gone for updates and then start working. I usually feed my face too with cookies or something before commencing work lol.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Well I should be working out in the morning, but lets be honest, that rarely happens. haha!

Candace said...

oh how repetitive getting started for me is! Get to the office, stop downstairs at Beyond the Box for my moring dt. mt. dew (or if i'm being honest my favorite beverage, PEPSI!) head upstairs, unlock all 9 file cabnits, log in, open email, 3 data bases, and 2 spreadsheets that i work off of all day. Then its time to posts rates for the day! After all of that I check my google reader, and get to work :)

Hilary said...

I scramble in, usually at 8:57. Put my lunch in the fridge. If I'm the 1st one there, I do the opening stuff for about 5 minutes. Log on, check my e-mail. Make coffee. Pull out the office's "to-do" files. I usually end up wasting an hour or so on the internet, getting NO work done. To prevent that, I have to make a to-do list the afternoon before for the next day so that I'll get right to work!

Sierra said...

I get up and jog or try and workout, perhaps go back to sleep if I'm not in the mood, lol, get to work, hope on my gmail, read some blogs, and perhaps work! Naaah I work, just kidding! I like the music part in your morning routine.

Anonymous said...

Come in, drop off purse and stuff in my office and take my lunch to the breakroom. Log in to my computer and pull up all my work folders, look over that day's work calendar, print my status update sheet and then log into facebook and play Farmville. haha! I check my personal email while farming and then finally get started working!

SBG said...

love this. wake up, hit snooze 2 or 3 times, get up, get dressed, do hair and make up, go out the door, pick up coffee if not TOO late, get to work late, drive around in circles looking for the best parking spot, slide in the side door avoiding walking by boss' desk, sit down, drink coffee, check work email, check facebook, gmail, bbm, read perez and then work on urgent projects...