Just some randomness...
* I finally switched over to the new blogger posting tool or whatever. Let's see how this post shapes out. -Shrugs-
* Two weekends ago started absolute shower/wedding madness for Eric and me. What is the maddess, you ask? Well, two weekends ago, I attended a baby shower followed immediately by a wedding shower that night. Last weekend-bridal shower. This weekend-couples shower. Next weekend-bachelorette party. Following weekend-FREE! YAY! TU FOOTBALL! Weekend after- wedding. Weekend after that-wedding. THEN HAWAII!!!!! Then, we have a rehearsal dinner then wedding the weekend we arrive back from Hawaii.
And then the maddess ends. For a little bit. And my bank account recovers in time for the beating it will take at the holidays. haha...
* Along the lines of the holidays, someone facebooked "FOUR MONTHS TIL CHRISTMAS" last week and I kinda wanted to punch them in the face. It's summer. No holiday talk yet. Except I really do want a pumpkin spice from Starbucks...like NOW! And that drink kinda reminds me of fall/holidays, so whatever... but still. No Christmas countdowns yet.
* This weekend is Eric's birthday! How comedic is it that we were both born on holiday weekends when there's typically no one in town and limited things to do that are open?! (I'm the 3rd of July). Anyhoo, I'm kinda excited b/c I really like (1) birthdays (2) spoiling people I care about and (3) celebrations. Soooo.. yeah. Oh, and dessert. I like dessert. Duh. I guess he was born on actual Labor Day and his mom was asked "how did it feel to be laboring on labor day?!" You moms out there can likely imagine the look she prolly gave them b/c it's the same one I would have given. haha..
* I dont understand why people don't have facebook walls. Are you that scared of what someone is going to post there? If so, that makes me incredibly nervous about being your friend, you closet psycho. Teasing, but really...
Happy Thursday, peeps! Hope you're gearing up for a fabulous long weekend ahead!
Ooooh and while I'm on this topic, I'll leave ya with a question....
After Labor Day... White or no white?
30 comments:
No white! Don't do it! You'll have southern girls everywhere secretly taking cell phone photos of you and sending them to their catty southern girl friends! :) (I say this because I have received these photos before, obviously!)
You're right- it's too early to be thinking about Christmas! And I only just realised that you can go without a FB wall. I had thought that no one posted there, haha!
The laboring on labor day is too funny! Yea not having a fbook wall....um weird that's the whole point! No white!!!
Sadly no white!! Also..I completely agree with the no wall on facebook! Why even have a facebook!?
I totally agree about the facebook wall! thats the whole fun of facebook is wall posting!
Haha you crack me up! I am definitely ready for fall and might get a pumpkin spice latte... possibly...if the points dont suck! Hope eric has a great birthday!!!
Here in lovely FLA., nobody except the snooty toots care about white after Labor Day. Srsly, there are bigger things happening out there than "GASP"..."White after Labor Day". LOL
Ha. Facebook just changed something, so now it looks like everyone doesn't have a wall. But I think people can still post. It's weird.
I couldn't agree more about the FB thing...people are way too spastic about that stuff. And I, too, am in the midst of wedding/baby shower season right now and kind of wondering when the madness will end...sigh...
What is the new blogger posting? How did I miss that! Im with you on the countdown and FB thing! All of Bens family members were born on holidays and its always so hard to plan something for them! I say yes white after Labor day especially winter white-my favorite!
and just so I dont look like the only crazy person who wears white after labor day... http://www.stylelist.com/2010/08/30/how-to-wear-white-after-labor-day/
You know, I think the same exact thing about facebook walls. If you don't want one, why even have facebook.
And I love your question about white. I don't see why there is anything wrong with it...though I totally try to follow the rule only because of it...haha
I am the same as you in terms of crazy weddings. Between June and November Bryan and I have/had 9 that I can think of off of the top of my head and I am in 2 of them. I got a pumpkin spice latte this morning. I say go get you one! White after Labor Day, I don't do it, but I don't judge people for white when it's above 70 degrees. When it's in the 60s it's time to pack it up ;) I hope Eric has a good brithday. We're having Bryan's 30th bday party on Friday at Leon's. Yall are more than welcome to stop by if you want. I know a lot of the Sigma Chi guys are going to be in town for Gug's wedding tomorrow.
as much as it hurts me, no white. at least no white pants, dresses or shoes. I have been wearing all my white stuff this week before its too late!
What? How can you not have a facebook wall? I thought that was automatically built in? I know you can limit access to particular people if you have them on a list and then dictate what people on that list can and cannot see... but I'm pretty sure you can't get rid of your wall completely... can you??? Hmmm.
I've been dreading the end of summer until you reminded me of the pumpkin spice latte. Come on, fall!
really, no wall on FB? that is just strange!! i agree it's not time for a christmas countdown i am not looking forward to snow and freezing cold temps but i am totally ready for fall!! ;) i live in minnesota so i don't wear white after labor day, i'd just blend right in with all the snow that usually comes early, like half way into fall, boo!
have fun celebrating your man's birthday this weekend!!! :)
happy thursday pretty lady!!
I don't wear white after Labor Day as I am usually too pale to even consider it. But don't really care if others do. I am a stickler on white shoes!!!!
Starbucks fall drinks are out! I had a "Hot Apple Spice" (I thought it was Caramel Apple Spice?) on Tuesday!
LOVE your thursday thoughts :) You have been so busy, like Whoa! I hope your getting to relax at least some on the weekends! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC! --Im thinking mexican food is in order ;) and what the heck is the facebooker thinking --- Christmas? ugh--- I can't even bring myself to start thinking halloween! (although, I am getting pretty excited for fall!) and i think white after labor day is an absolute YES, if done right --think white skinny jeans with riding boots and a sweater -- Umm, ADORABLE!
p.s. I am still SO JEALOUS that you are going to hawaii!!!
Wow! It sounds like you're in the throws of weddings!
I don't get why people don't have walls either!?! What's the point of even having an account?! lol
Lol Jax, cute post!!! sounds like ur super busy!!
Happy almost Friday!!!
MMM, can't wait for a caramel apple spice!! Yum! Please show us what you got Eric for his birthday afterwards!! :)
White for always. ;)
No fb wall? never heard of that! How is that possible?
Have a fab weekend!!!
First, new to your blog and love reading it. I think that white after Labor Day is a do. Not as full on as it is in the summer months, but it's not a hard and fast rule anymore to avoid it all together.
My goodness, you do have some wedding madness coming up - but at least you have a little Hawaii break in that madness :) Happy Bday to your man... you guys are the holiday team. Hope you do something fun! And, i'll still wear white if I need to, but I don't often wear it anyways! :)
Man you'll be busy for a few months! But hopefully not too broke by the end of it all :-) Happy b-day to Eric! Have fun, and yes to white!
White after Labor Day!!! :)
I was born on September 4, the day before Labor Day that year. I hate not having everyone in town to help celebrate!
And no white shoes after today. I'll probably still wear my white pants for a few weeks while it's still warm.
Post a Comment