Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Blonde Moment

I was so tired last night. I'd planned on doing magnificent things with my banner and blog. Did I? No. Whatever. Soon. Hopefully. I had a legislative reception thingy where I schmoozed and boozed (only a little.. I really just liked that it rhymed) and then went to pick out a halloween costume for myself. What did I decide? That I apparently know nothing about construction. Why? Let me explain.

My thought "I could be a construction worker really cheaply.. I have jean shorts; I could wear a flannel shirt and/or a white tank top, etc.."

*I purchased kiddie plastic tools, set up to borrow Eric's tool belt, got a hard hat at Lowe's (yes, really), and got out my plaid shirt.*

I got home and looked at it all and thought "Wait, construction workers don't carry toolbelts and wear plaid. They wear orange vests and stuff. So uh.. the hard hat I got doesn't really work anymore...crap."

So, I think I'm going to either be something else or just be a very confused tool girl + construction worker. Whatever. I don't care.

Happy Wednesday!

16 comments:

Ashley said...

Go as Mike Holmes!! hahaha and if you don't know who that is... he a famous home renovator here in Canada and he wears what it sounds like you bought! Google search him... maybe he is popular down there too...

Mateya said...

Haha! Confused tool girl/construction worker sounds like a great costume! :)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Lol I like the thought process! I just thought about how I could use that since my honey is in construction.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, I totally would have thought you were a construction worker... maybe no one else will notice either! lol

Unknown said...

You can make it work! Construction workers around here sometimes where that...

I'm a new follower.

The Undomestic Mom said...

wear that outfit..it sounds so cute! I would have thought thats what construction workers wear?

Anonymous said...

ha ha whateeeever- you still would have looked so cute! and by the way you are so beautiful!! hope you're having a great hump day! xo

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Construction workers totally wear hard hats! I'm not sure about the belt.. but hey, I'm going as a zombie rollergirl, so I can't judge!

Just Add Walter said...

haha... I think you are going to look cute no matter what!

Shawna said...

Darling, you're really thinking this through much too hard. :-) MOST Halloween parties involve liberal amounts of adult beverages which result in impaired judgment ANYway. And the odds of people giving your costume a hardcore analysis and point-scale grade are next to nil. Besides, if you're constructing a HOUSE, you wear a hard hat. So there. ;-) Don't you remember Tool Time on that one TV series from way back when? lol.

Shann said...

LOL Love it! I don't know what construction workers wear either....

Can't wait to see the pics in your next WR.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like a Halloween costume to me!

katandkarl said...

Sounds like a bricklayer to me! ;)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I think it sounds great! totally do it!

Lauren said...

I'm a few days late, but that costume totally works!! Remember Heidi from Tool Time on Home Improvement?!

Brittany Ann said...

I was on board! I think it totally works!