Sunday, November 21, 2010

Maui Day 5!!!

I am DETERMINED to knock out some more of our fabtastic Maui trip! :) The day after Day 5, we did the Road to Hana, soooo maybe I'll make some collages tonight to spare you from the ridiculous amount of pictures. Anyway, that's Day 6 so I'll worry about that later... For now, this is Day 5! 
We got there a little early... as in before everyone else.. haha..
A weird woman insisted she had the best "angle." I have the "what-are-you-doing, you-weirdo?!" smile going on. 

The start of Front Street!
Sooooooooooo pretty... *said with a wistful sigh*
Banyan Tree Park! The park is made up of ONE MASSIVE tree! So cool! An art fair was going on the day we went... 
Eric likes the Banyan Tree
Jackie likes the Banyan Tree. (After this, I saw a sign that said "Do not climb on tree." Oops)
The back door in one of the stores...The worker prolly sea kayaks on his breaks... which is bananas ...and AWESOME!
In defense of sailing lessons.... *nervous* (see the sunken boat?!)
At lunch! Check out the woman behind me raising her arms to block herself. They kept getting sprayed by ocean waves and we found their attempts to block the spray highly entertaining during our whole meal. Yeah, we're mean like that...which is why we get along so well. haha.. ;)
Yet another one that just woulda been a lil better with a flash. Eh, whatever. It's still pretty cute! 
We both got some little stuff, but really didn't go overboard shopping. We really had a good time going in and out of stores and galleries, checking out the scenery, etc. But, I have to tell you... they had a fabulous store called LUSH that I SO wish Tulsa had.... Eric got me something from there when he went to Whistler last year and it's just such a cool brand of good smelling bath and body stuff! And everything is handmade and environmentally friendly, organic, and they don't test on animals. :) You can shop online, too. 
image from lush dot com
 That night, we headed to S@nsei for sushi! (I mean....you really should have sushi in Maui if you like sushi.. Duh). Oddly enough, it had been recommended by a Brooks Bros employee from Hawaii on our Colorado trip back in July...haha.. Random, but an excellent recommendation! (And no, I dont remember how we got to talking about our Maui trip to the dude at Brooks Bros... haha)...

We didn't take any pics at dinner, but here's one after we got back! Starting to have a nice little tan goin' on... (Just looked at my arms and realized my tan is now 100% gone. Blah.)
In our hotel lobby :) 
I have no idea...

I woke up around 2am to the sound of Eric going out on our balcony... I sleepily asked him what he was doing and he said he was taking a pic of the moon. In my semi-dream state, I thought that was cool (and odd), but not cool enough for me to get up to see the picture... haha.. Anyway, when I looked the next day, I was really glad he took it...
Gorgeous... 
  So, friends, that was Day 5! We took it kinda easy since we had a 5:30 am wakeup call to get ready and start the Road to Hana by 6:30 am ahead of traffic...and Eric was still recovering from his migraine...

And... onto the Road to Hana, Day 6! 

6 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Girl -- the handbag is FABULOUS!!!! Perfect color, size, and way it hangs on the wrist. I am in love!

Anonymous said...

You are making me sooooo excited for my Punta Cana trip in May!!!! I can't wait! eeeek!

The Undomestic Mom said...

okay making me want to go to Maui more and more!

Annie said...

looks AMAZING there!! you are just too cute and beautiful lady! i would have watched those people blocking the spray for entertainment as well ;)
LUSH is one of our client's at work. my boss went to their factory not too long ago and brought me back some the bath bombs he "handmade". lets just say they weren't as pretty as the stuff the stores sell although it still smelt amazing and served its purpose! ;)

Mindi said...

ok I MUST ask you (since I'm going on a Cruise to the Carribean in Feb.) Where did you get the black dress here and in one of your earlier vacation posts (the long one) I'm looking for similar ones but since we are going in Feb its SUPER difficult to find anything. PLEASE share oh and where did you get that adorable fedora?! thanks a million!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

How fun!! I didn't get to do the Road To Hana last Maui trip but I really want to!