Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Two Tuesday!



I kinda took a social media hiatus for a few days. Kinda accidental, but probably needed. I thought about it and went "Wow, I haven't blogged, tweeted much, facebooked, responded to emails or even many texts..." Anyhoo... I'm playing catch up now. Wanted to participate in the Top Two Tuesday from Taylor's blog!

Top Two Things You've Learned About Relationships

1. Learn/understand each other's communication styles...and be able to communicate to them effectively. Some people are talkers. Some people are more actions-based. Some people prefer to deal with things by hashing them out in a series of emails. Some people hate confrontation. If you don't know HOW the other person likes to communicate, you often end up muttling things more when trying to talk about things, plan things, etc.

2. When something's bothering you, don't get passive aggressive or let it fester. Just say it.
Sure not everything that bothers me is worth a comment. And I know that. B/c frankly, I'm a chick that sometimes gets moody.. *shrugs* (You never heard me say that). ;) But, if I know something genuinely bugs me, I've learned it's just SO much better if I just say "Hey, something's bothering me." Also, don't say it a hundred times. Just say it once. I have a tendency to be like "This is WHY this bothers me and then this bothers me and did I mention that this bothers me?" When I think back to those kinds of conversations, I wonder why on earth I felt the need to say the same thing 15 times in 5 minutes. (Eric is patient :) ). ;)

Can you tell I work in Communications? haha....I wrote those and went "Hm... well...that makes sense..."

Happy Fat Tuesday, everyone! :) I need to do a weekend recap soon with some fun photos! :)

3 comments:

Britt said...

I totally agree communication is key! I can really relate to #1 since MAG and I have different styles.

Tiffany said...

I so agree with #2.....it's always better to just say what's bothering you instead of letting it fester! Why is that harder to put into practice than to type on the screen?? :)

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I totally agree with you about both of these. Keeping an issue bottled up inside helps no one!