Saturday, September 10, 2011

CA- Alove's wedding day!

On Saturday morning, Sarah, Andrew, Eric and I decided to explore a little before the wedding. :) Instead of fighting the maddness that would have definitely been the city of Los Angeles, we decided to explore Ranchos Palos Verdes, a pretty area overlooking the ocean. :) (Read: I was also really paranoid about getting stuck in traffic and being late to the wedding or something crazy). 
Hiked down a path behind us to the ocean
Headed to Long Beach for lunch.. Took this photo along the way...ha!
Then, it was wedding time! I was helping with the programs, so I got to get there early to say hi to the gorgeous bride and wedding party before everyone arrived. I loved her dress so much... I wish I had a better shot of it up close.  



All smiles mid-ceremony! :) 
Mr. and Mrs!
A friend we met in college (and fellow Chi O sistah!) did the gorgeous floral arrangements. I didn't feature them all on here b/c I was trying to be conservative with the amount of pics (I realize you probably can't tell that from the amount I posted.. ha). Anyway, Lauryl is extremely talented and moved to LA after college to be a botanical stylist and has done some fantastic things! She's been featured on Style Me Pretty and even on Cosmopolitan mag's website. :) It was really cool to see some of her work at Ashley's wedding. :) 


Love this! Everyone had them on by night's end! 
Love my Sarah bug! 
haha.. Nice.. 
Chi O sisterly love with the gorgeous bride! Girls flew in from OKC,  Tulsa,  Denver, Austin, and San Francisco!
No idea.. but it's awesome. And check out my pretty wrist corsage! LOVED that Lauryl did those so I didn't worry about ripping the dress I was wearing!
First dance :)

The bride changed into a fabulous cocktail dress and got the party started...ha! (The band was taking a break) 

Gorgeous wedding, stunning bride, good friends, and great time! I'm so happy for Ashley and Tinoush...and a little jealous of their Maui honeymoon. :) So glad Eric and I were able to fly out for the wedding to celebrate with them!

Next up... San Francisco recapping! :) Hope ya'll are having a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love your facial expression in the mermaid picture. Hilarious!

Marian said...

Looks like a blast!! I especially like the photo of you as a mermaid;)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

LOVE the brides dress!! And the flowers were gorgeous!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You are so gorgeous! I wish I would have been here when you were!! (well, Nor Cal anyway!)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was an awesome time! I love that she did wrist corsages!

Lauryl Lane said...

Aw, thanks for the kind words. ;-) It was great seeing you- wish we could have had more time to catch up, but hopefully another time soon! xoxo

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

What a beautiful wedding! And I love your dress! (I'm slowing getting caught up on blogs!)