Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my first vlog post! You guys are awesome and I appreciate ya'll so much. It was really fun and next time, I'll feel like an old pro... (or I'll still do the awkward hand fidgety thing, but whatever). :)
Okay, friends, it's San Fran time! I have to start this by saying I am really proud of myself for not uploading the ridiculous amount of pics I wanted to... Sooo.. here goes!
We landed mid afternoon, took the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit...or the metro.. whatever. I'm so in with the San Fran lingo, okay) to our hotel and decided to explore! We stayed in an adorable boutique hotel Eric found, Hotel Abri. Since we were staying in Union Square for a couple days, we opted to take advantage and go on foot to shop, explore, etc...
The pic below was taken moments before my maxi skirt got stuck in the escalator at the Mens Saks store. Good grief. Only me...haha.. Thank GAWD the thing stopped when my skirt got stuck b/c otherwise the story would have been a lot more embarassing. And thank GAWD Eric is awesome and was able to detach my skirt (without ripping it) before anyone knew what happened. We bolted from that store and never looked back. ha! :)
Back to the hotel to get ready for dinner! A few options we'd originally considered were closed on Sundays so, we researched and found a great place called L'Osteria in Little Italy! Eric's kiiiiinda addicted to Chow Hound's online discussion boards and they've definitely never let us down, so after some trusty iphone research, we were off to this little place! Adorable mom and pop place that only takes cash and has about 7-9 tables in entirety. We waited outside with some others who kept saying the food was worth the wait....and it was. Fantastic!
With full stomachs and sore feet from a long day of exploring, we headed back to the hotel. :)
Awoke day two to do a little more exploring around Union Square before we headed to our evening Alcatraz Tour!
| I love the self timer |
Okay, so we read that Fisherman's Wharf is a "fifteen minute walk" from Union Square. The tour took off near Fisherman's Wharf, so we thought we'd head there to check it out and eat before the tour. Um... good thing we left early b/c I'm pretty sure the person who said it was 15 minutes was intoxicated. I'm glad we did it b/c it was fun to see everything, but these hills (below) are no joke!
I think it probably took us more like 45 minutes and quite a bit of hill climbing.. haha.. On the walk, Eric turned and said "Would it bother you if we take a cab back home later?" I sighed with a "I am so glad you just said that." haha..
| Very bustling Union Square as we walked up Nob Hill :) |
We took the sign's advice and snapped a couple pics... ;)
Grabbed a bite at Bubba Gump's on the water and then walked down to where our tour left from pier 33. :)
Next post, Alcatraz!
13 comments:
Love this post! And L'Osteria is such a great restaurant....Little Italy is THE BEST! :)
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
I can't believe you were here and I did not know!! I would have totally given you some pointers! :) so glad you had fun and hopefully next time we run into each other :)
Yay! So far it looks like such a fun time! Good to know about the weather. I'm like you, I hear "65" and I think a light cardigan. :) Also, my mom took a picture of me at the "photo spot" 7 years ago. They aren't messing around!
Ahhhh! I love San Francisco!!! Okay, first things first. I'm way behind on catching up with my bloggers but I just watched your vlog and you're so cute! I never even noticed your arm! I feel like I know you even better now :)
The story about your maxi skirt is like something you see in a movie! So glad Eric was able to save you and your skirt :) It's so much fun to walk around SF because there's SO much to see and take pictures of, but wow the hills are exhausting! I don't blame you guys for taking the cab :) That's so awesome that you went to Bubba Gump's! I bet it was delicious. I'm sooo excited to hear how Alcatraz went!
Such a fun trip!!! I am totally living vicariously through you!!! Jealous!
Ah! I am dieing to go to San Fran! I'm kinda jealous!
BTW if that maxi dress fiasco would have happened to me I would have died!
Jax :)
I'm just leaving San Fran and Nor Cal... So I'm sitting at SFO reading this--LOVES IT!!! I'm currently obsessed with self timing pictures...and the bay area! Can't wait for your Alcatraz Post...Happy Monday! oxo
I can't wait!! Everything sounds wonderful...I better plan to bring like a winter coat though- I'm cold when it's 70!
Btw, I'm super impressed you & Eric stayed at the TU game. We bailed after waiting 1.5 in Reynolds & I was asleep minutes after kick off.
I love San Fran! It looks like a super fun trip!!
Yay!! I love San Fran!! I was taken back by the weather when we went in June I needed a heavier jacket at night too! It's crazy! I can't wait to see what else you all did!!
This makes me SO excited for our trip in November. It looks like y'all had a great time:)
Getting your skirt stuck in the escalator is something I would do! Glad it stopped and didn't end up being anymore embarrassing! I love that jacket you have on in these pictures - where did you get it?
Love the recap! SF is the best! Thank goodness I'm not the only one. There is no way it's a 15 minute walk. When Josh and I walked over for that tour it took us like 30-40 minutes and we were booking it! I felt like one of those "gotta go, gotta go right now" commercials.
Post a Comment