Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap!

Okay, how is already mid July and how do weekends go by so quickly?! I found myself pinning a fall outfit the other day and stopped for a split second like "Jackie, stop this nonsense! You are only allowed to think of flip flops and tank tops!" 

Thursday, some of my girl friends and I got together to celebrate my birthday! :) We ate at Edward Delks downtown (yum!), had some vino, and a great time. Beth hosted the dinner and brought little flower arrangements and candles for the table. She's so good at making even low key things so significant and special. At one point, the girls all went around and gave me a wish for the upcoming year along with something they love about me or our friendship. Glad I wore waterproof mascara because each toast was so incredibly thoughtful and kind. I am so fortunate to have these girls in my life. :) 
Clockwise: me, Lauren, Sara, Maria, Kristy, Beth, Timberly, Sara
Saturday, we hit the lake to celebrate Eric's friend Ryan's 30th birthday! His fiance rented a boat and we enjoyed a day on the water. :) Please note Eric trying to surf on the tube. I was serious about his new-found love of this whole surfing thing. 

Speaking of 30th birthdays, thank you all SO much for your tips about Austin on my last post! You guys rock! Hopefully we can get something booked and start figuring out details soon! :)

Other things that happened this weekend: My computer ran out of hard drive. I didn't even know that was possible. I mean, I knew it, but it's never happened to me.  And it's not due to the many high tech programs I have installed. Oh no.. it's mostly photos. Of that I'm sure.*sigh* So, I've ordered a new one and get to wait for it to arrive. #firstworldproblems My computer is running at a snail's pace and does angry things when I try to download photos, etc. Sheez. So I guess some Barbados posts are gonna have to wait. Arg.

Speaking of photos, I'm really trying to get into this Instagram thing. I mean, I love pictures (obvi), so it only makes sense. :) And I really do love the app a lot! That said, I really wish their dashboard/feed was a bit more user friendly. I don't often have time to visit the app more than once or twice a day, so we'll see if my interest here sticks. *shrugs* I don't really want to link it to my facebook or twitter directly, so it's probably a bit more cumbersome with me being high maintenance about it. I don't like linking everything together for some reason. Is that weird? Are you that way, too? Anyhoo... I'm Ok_Jax if you wanna follow my photographic randomness. :)

Hope you had a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love your suit - its so cute! Please share where you got it! And also, how did you make that cool collage? Is it through instagram or something you did on your computer? I'm not on instagram but I feel like everyone is so I may have to join and I'll totally follow you!

C Mae said...

Check out statigram on your computer it links with your instagram and to me, logging on the computer to check out instagram is way more user friendly. You'll have to check it out!

care said...

Did you order a bigger internal hard drive or did you get an external one? I am a HUGE fan of external hard drives. I've had the best experiences with Seagate ones. You can get a TB drive for like $100. Great for backup, for one, but I also edit all of my pictures directly off of my drive instead of filling up hard drive space.

Definitely something to think about!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh Jackie, stick with instagram! I promise it's a lot of fun and a great way to post photos. I don't have mine connected to facebook but I have the optional set up for twitter.