Friday, November 9, 2012

Wedding!

So, even though I seem to somehow mention something about the wedding in my other posts, I haven't really done a post about wedding stuff all alone yet.. sooo.... here we go!

First, THANK YOU so much for all your feedback about the honeymoon registry! Seriously, that made me sigh from relief that it worked for so many of you. And thank you for the recommendations on the companies you used! That helps a ton, too! I think that's probably a route we'll pursue, along with a regular registry for guests that prefer the traditional gift route.

We have plenty of time, but here are some things we've either already decided or are leaning towards. :)

COLORS:

I saw this bouquet on Pinterest and just fell in love. I have every intention of using it for my color inspiration. Thankfully I have friends who are much more design-oriented than I am that can help me integrate these colors beautifully. (I also plan to copy this bouquet, too. Gorgeous, right?!)


PLACE:

Inside/outside at the beautiful Garden Center mansion. We walked in and both exchanged a glance like "Yeah, this is where we're getting married." :)


PHOTOGRAPHY:

We're using Ace Cuervo and I couldn't be more excited! If you've been reading awhile, you know I'm completely and totally a little obsessed with photos. I think they're the best way to document experiences, memories, etc. And it's not just about the pictures. It's about the memories and feelings they evoke when you look at them, ya know. Anyhoo, I've had several friends use Ace and I've stalked wedding photographers' blogs for a couple years (I'm creepy. It is what it is). And he's always been my favorite. Meeting him in person just solidified that further.

Excited for our upcoming little engagement session this Monday if the weather behaves itself! :)

Speaking of...

I had NO idea what I wanted to wear...until I saw a friend's photos in gorgeous bright blue. I loved them. I started a quest for a perfect bright blue dress. Randomly, I stumbled on this one at Gap this week when I was meandering around Utica Square at lunch.

Cute, right?! I'm thinking possibly a gold belt. Not too thin, but not super thick either. I don't want to overdo it so if I do a belt, I probably will do a simpler necklace. Probably nude heels. So I'm on a quest for the perfect belt this weekend.

I also have a casual jeans/blouse outfit for some fall foliage pics.

We have some ideas for music, food, etc, but haven't really talked much about them. And the dress? Well, if you follow my pinterest board, you know the kind of style I like on paper. Lace. V-neck. Low-ish back. Simple silouette. But, I've heard that reality can be much different and to stay open to trying on different styles. I need to make an appt to go look at dresses at least once before Christmas, but I just haven't done it yet. :)

14 comments:

Carolyn said...

EEK! This is the post I've been waiting for!! :) I LOVE everything wedding related, and LOVE what you've picked out so far. I can't wait to see your engagement pictures! I just know they're going to be stunning!

Morgan said...

Love Ace! He did my bestie's wedding! And he's good friends with Ree. He did her sister, Betsy's wedding in NYC! Love his pics!

Nikki said...

The venue you picked looks beautiful! Can't wait to see your engagement pics.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

So exciting. I love the bouquet you have picked - the colors for inspiration are beautiful too! And that location is to die for... it's all coming together!!

For our engagement pics, I dressed really simple just because I wanted them to be a little bit timeless. My sister used props - they were on bikes in one and long boards on another and her's turned out really beautiful. I think no matter what, you two have it all going perfectly. You should get one picture with your University of Tulsa stuff :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

YAY! Oh my gosh everything is just falling right into place! Flowers - beautiful, and that venue just looks amazing too! That dress is really pretty, it will be perfect for the pics! Eeeek!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous bouquet and colors--LOVE it! Sooo excited for you, love. Can't wait for you to post a sneak peek of the engagement photos! xo

Kerr said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! And I love the idea of the blue dress for the engegment pics. It's my fav color and perfect since that it Tulsas color too!

Krystal said...

The flowers are gorgeous and that venue looks amazing!!! It's definitely a wedding no one is going to want to miss!!
Love that blue dress! Can't wait to see the engagement pics!!

Meghan said...

I adore that blue dress. My hubby is a photographer, and he'd tell you that it's a perfect choice! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

This whole post made me smile. That venue is going to look amazing in your photos!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Kaitlin said...

Gorgeous venue & gorgeous bouquet! I'm loving all of your pins-- happy planning! :)

henning love said...

i adore that bouquet!! it is so gorgeous and non-traditional, love it

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Umm...holy gorgeous! Looks like the perfect place to say I Do!!

LOVE the bouquet! Mine had those deep red calla lillies in it too!

Christine said...

OMG I guess my comment never posted through last week! We had our wedding at the Tulsa Garden Center!!! I loved every second of planning it and the actual day of! Let me know if you have any questions - I was a crazy planner extraordinaire! You'll have amazing photos and an amazing time! We did a kids room with coloring/games/hula hoops in one of the rooms, had the cake in the alcove and the reception in the big room! Loved it!!