Monday, January 21, 2013

Lately

Knock knock...anyone there? Not me...at least recently. 

Can't say there's been anything bananas going on really... Sometimes I go through blogging breaks unintentionally b/c I just don't feel like I have anything to talk about...Silly really...especially b/c I really never say anything earth-shattering anyway...haha.. Whatevs. 

Anyhoo, lately...

* Eric went skiing for a bachelor party. Everyone survived. :) (He's in the blue/grey coat...front row kneeling down on left). 
 * I've become TOTALLY and completely addicted to this show!
Eric and I just finished season 1 and realized season 2 isn't on iTunes yet. WTH?! We don't have Showtime so this is a problem. Dear Showtime- please release season 2 soon before I go insane!

* Saw these movies...

Reviews: Zero Dark Thirty= slow at first, but then picks up. Probably more about the plot/backstory than some people care for, but I enjoyed it. I also really liked Jessica Chastain in it. 

This is 40= funny, but lots of foul language. I heard it made some older friends uncomfortable. I love Paul Rudd, so I was totally amused even if there were a few gratuitous f bombs. :) 

* Wedding dress shopping! Went dress shopping this weekend for the first time! I found one I loved then went to another store and found another I loved. Then I got home, slept on it, and now think I love neither of those dresses enough for my "big day." (I'm really amused by the phrase "big day" for some reason.) I definitely have a better idea of what style I want though...which was really the point in this first go round anyway. And I quickly realized I could try on wedding dresses all day long every day! :) 

* Totally dropped my iPhone in the dog's water bowl. Seriously. I quickly googled and saw that putting it in a sealed baggie with rice will dry it out. It actually worked! It took around 24 hours (which is why I have no fun photos for you from this weekend), but it's saved! YAY!

Toss in a few happy hours and some Mexican food and that's what I've been up to lately. :) 

7 comments:

The Single Gal and The Housewife said...

My husband and I are almost finished with Season 1 of Homeland and are trying to figure out if we can realistically catch up on the rest by the time our free movie channels run out in like 3 weeks. We have a 2 yr old and 10 week old twins so its doubtful.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

YAY for dress shopping!!! I am obsessed with Homeland too! And because of the way Showtime works, you wont be able to see season 2 until it comes out on DVD (I know, it sucks!) I am anxiously waiting season 2 as well! I really liked Zero Dark Thirty too - I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! And glad your iphone was saved - I've dropped mine in water before and wasn't able to save it with the rice :(

Jessica said...

LOVE homeland...I can't wait until they release season 2 for dvd...and also LOVED Jessica Chastain in ZDT. She deserves the academy nod for sure!

Carolyn said...

I've heard great things about Homeland... I'm going to have to check it out! :)

I can't WAIT to see what type of dress you pick! I bet you're going to be GORGEY! :)

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

We all go through blogging breaks :)

I just picked out THE DRESS yesterday and am so excited! It feel so real when you're standing there in a wedding dress.

I cannot wait to see This is 40. We wanted to see it in theater but never got around to it.

Love your blog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay for your phone being ok! I've had to do the rice trick before! How exciting about the dress shopping!

Britt said...

We have 2 episodes left of Homeland season 1. I have no idea what I am going to do about season 2 either. Why do you torture us Showtime?!?!