Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend Recap!

Wanna know what's awesome? When people ask me when I'm getting married and I'm able to say "this October.." b/c now it's THIS YEAR! But seriously I have no idea how the heck we're a week into 2013 already...crazy!

Friday

Went to dinner donning my crimson to support the Sooners and celebrate Sara's birthday with friends. Since I went to TU, I kind of think we're the Switzerland of Oklahoma football and really just support the home team regardless whether it's OSU or OU...unless they'playing us...duh. 




Saturday

My mom has wanted to be "included" (I put it in quotes b/c she keeps saying that word) in the wedding planning process, but there hasn't been a whole lot to be included in so far really. Anyhoo, the wedding show was this weekend and I decided it was the perfect way to include her in some festivities. The parking lot was like a drivers ed simulator of random people walking all over like wedding planning zombies on speed, cars coming out of everywhere, etc. I kind of remember it as everyone having a crazed look in their eyes and wearing veils, but I don't think that's what was going on in reality. :) Whatever. Anyway, we opted to avoid the insanity after I cursed loudly at someone who almost hit me and totally freaked out my mother and parked at the nearby Target and hiked toward the hotel where the show was taking place. 

That show was... whoa. Have you been to one of those suckers? I mean.. in a way, it's great for people like me who have certain things they love researching  on their own, but aren't as good at planning certain other things. It also kind of forces you to check out options where you're completely lost and have no idea what to do (ie flowers). But good grief there was so much going on! And so.many.people. I'm also seriously regretting signing up for information from a few booths b/c I think my email is going to be forever spammed. *le sigh* Oh well. Anyhoo, I have to admit I've always wanted to go to the wedding show, so it was fun. :) It was good times with my mom, too. We had a few laughs at some of the random things at booths...and we tasted a lot of cake. A lot. It also got me jumpstarted with planning again. 

Speaking of, I got home from the wedding show and booked two appointments to go try on dresses in a couple of weeks! Eee! I haven't gone yet, so I'm really excited! All my friends keep telling me to have an open mind, even if there's a dress style I think I'll love the most.

...night

Saturday night, Eric and I headed to Abuelos, where they serve very large drinks (see below) and then to see Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise's new flick). Gotta admit.. Tom might be a little cray cray, but you forget all about it in his movies. I'm also semi convinced he's an alien b/c he seriously doesn't look any older.


Sunday

All the Christmas decor came down. I loved being festive and looking at our pretty tree, but it's also really nice to have the space back again. Eric and I may or may not have eaten Mexican food again tonight. Whatever. I'm pretty sure our babies someday will prefer salsa to milk.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

14 comments:

Krystal said...

I so wish I had that drink right now!! YUM!! Those bridal expo things are intense!! I've gone to several with friends and they were crazy!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I went to the Columbus Bridal show twice. Once when the bestie got married and once when I did. Holy bridezillas! It was two times too many! But I did enjoy all the free cake. ;)

Can't wait to see how wedding dress shopping goes! It was by far my favorite part of the whole planning experience!

Katie said...

Ahh agree, wedding shows are crazy!!! And that is so super exciting about dress shopping yay! I've been wanting to see Tom's new movie. I usually really like all of his. And I agree that he never ages!

Emily said...

I definitely had Mexican Food (and Tequila) on Saturday and Sunday night... because well, it's Mexican food! It sounds like, and looks like a great weekend! Happy Monday Jackie. oxo

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I can't wait to hear more about how the dress trying on goes. I loved the day I found mine... it was the first one I tried on, and I only tried on 11 dresses - the sales gal we had was amazing and I told her what I wanted. She brought out what I wanted (the over the shoulder) and then she brought out 5 or so other styles to see if I would like any of those better. I am SO excited for you - eeeek!!!

I love the feeling of getting the house cleaned up after xmas, I am sure it looks great!

Kerr said...

Yes! I love a two time Mexican weekend.

Carolyn said...

YAY! :) I'm so glad that you went to a wedding show. They're SO overwhelming, but I think every bride to be has to go to one. :) I can't wait for you to try on dresses! You'll look stunning... obviously! :)

Jordon said...

I also went to a wedding show this weekend! It was my second one. I quickly learned after the first to give faux email addresses & telephone numbers to the vultures that follow you until you give them your info! It can be a little stressful IMO!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

YAY for wedding dress shopping!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Basically everything you try on will look amazing on you so you'll have to tell us all about it! Eeeeeekkk!!!! And yay for your wedding year!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting about all the wedding planning!!!! You'll have to document all of the wedding dress shopping!

Lauryl Lane said...

I had to laugh at your "Whoa" about wedding shows. Yeah. I worked a couple when I used to work for other floral and event designers and they were mega-crazy. I learned pretty quickly that it definitely wasn't how I wanted to bring in business, so I happily have not participated in a single show since I started my own company. I did, however, have to help my mother with a wedding show in Tulsa about three years ago and it was INSANE. I swore never again to darken a wedding show door. ;-) Good luck with the wedding planning! Hope you've got a great planner helping you out with everything!

henning love said...

isn't it cool to say this year rather than next october or next year it makes it feel THAT much closer!! and october will be here before you know it

Brittany said...

I went to one wedding show right after I got engaged, and it was insane! I felt overwhelmed...and it really brings the crazies out! But at the same time, it was an overall fun experience and it helped me get even more excited for wedding planning :) Best of luck to you with your upcoming planning!

Unknown said...

Wedding shows are insane! A great way to find vendors is those shows though, or like wedding websites for your city. I found one that had a list of photographers and I spent hours upon hours looking at the same crappy picture before I finally found my photographer. I hope you're able to weed though all of it to find things you love. Good luck with dress shopping!