Welp, we're 10 days out (WHAT?!) and I'm stalking the weather channel for updates on the forecast. :) Thought I'd just make some observations about wedding planning as I near our big day.
1. People you hold dear kinda lose their ever loving minds. I'm pretty sure every argument I've had with my mother has been over something that doesn't.even.matter. The most recent one was about whether I'd wear grandma's pearls in the wedding. It's a long story that's not worth it. Long story short, everyone around me is excited for Eric and me, but I think they're also nervous for the big day, happy, emotional, etc.
2. The little things are more stressful than the big things. Photographer? Done. Venue? Done. Food? Done. The exact location of where the photobooth will go? No idea. What order my bridesmaids will go in? Who knows. What are people going to throw when we leave? Rose petals...er...maybe. It's easy to get wrapped up in the little decisions that creep up toward the end of the planning process, but really...some of them just don't matter. Sure, some do. But, others.. whatever. I mean, I had grand ideas for a few things I'd mimic from Pinterest for personal touches, etc. That's fine and dandy, but time got away from me, so my wedding will not be Pinterest-perfect. But it will be perfect...for us. :)
3. Sometimes paying for convenience is just plain worth it. I was planning to do my own centerpieces to save cash. I'm not a huge floral person, so I knew what I wanted and knew they wouldn't be elaborate. But, when I met with our florist, I realized I'd be saving around $300 to do them myself versus having her do them. Honestly, with as busy as work was for both Eric and me, it was just worth it to have her do them. And they'll be way more beautiful. And I won't have to worry about ANYTHING for them...even getting them there or tossing them away afterwards. *happy sigh*
4. I have learned to LOVE lists. Lists of things to order, people to call, things to confirm, payments to drop off, etc. I have like 5 lists on my phone's notes section that are just constantly evolving. Lists for the win.
5. Eric is a rockstar. I mean, I knew this already...but seriously. For example, I could give a RIP about invitations. I'm just not a big invitation person. They were stressing me out and he was like "I can do them with Matt (his best man with graphic design talents)." I was like "They're yours. Done." He did an amazing job. Amazing. He put SO much time into them. And he's currently using the same printer to do our programs and a few signs for the reception so I don't have to mess with it. If I've asked for help with anything, he's been more than happy. Such an active participant in the planning process. :) (He still totally rolls his eyes when I go off about something random, but I'd expect nothing less...haha).
6. Last week, it just hit so hard that I'm just ready to be married. I mean, beforehand, I was obviously ready...but I think now that we're in October, I'm just SO aware that it's close and it's time to seal the deal! So excited!
7. When we'd go on vacations before, the room was always in Eric's name. So, anywhere we went at the hotel, it was like "Mrs. G, would you like another drink? Mrs. G, would you like blah blah..." I finally stopped correcting them but it was so frustrating b/c I was NOT Mrs. G...yet. But, when we go to Hawaii, I will excitedly beam when someone calls me Mrs. G. :) Super pumped!
Happy Wednesday, friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment