Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thoughts on Thursday

Thank you so much for the kind words about the new layout! I'm really excited! I have a wedding post ready, but thought I'd go ahead and post some randomness first...

* You know those photo a day challenges on Instagram? Right. I tried to participate...and am a photo a day failure. And it wasn't b/c I forgot to post..oh no.. I did something way more embarrassing. Day three was silver.. So I took a photo of my favorite silver candle lit beside the bath before I was about to get in and relax. :) Well, I posted it...and then THANK GOSH within about 5 seconds, I was like "Wait...that's mirrored glass on that candle...and I was in my underwear (topless, though)..." I looked...and yup. Totally featured a blurry reflection of my scantily clad self...Way.to.go. I dunno if people could immediately tell, but I certainly could. Photo removed quickly and I decided "silver" was just not my day...haha.. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the next few days. 

* SNOW IS COMING! SNOW IS COMING! I say it with overdramatic urgency b/c I'm pretty sure we're expecting 4 inches...and I'm also pretty sure every grocery store in the area is now completely out of bread, milk, etc. and is likely in chaos. Hide yo bread, hide yo milk... SNOWMAGEDDON... Nah, in all seriousness, I hope we don't lose power and it doesn't get too bad. I just enjoy the grocery store chaos. Areas of town have power lines above ground (while the rest of town has them buried). We're in the older area of town so our lines are above ground... and when it sleets as much as they're predicting, it coats the lines. Here's hoping everyone in the area stays warm and safe as this winter weather approaches... 

* I've sent approximately 70% of my wedding thank you cards... I am such a slacker. I wanted to order cards with our wedding photos, so that took a bit. And then when they arrived, I didn't exactly jump on them. *head hung in shame* So now Christmas cards are going out pretty much with thank you cards. It is what it is... Also... I LOVE thanking people and am SO grateful, but I am so bad with thank you cards in general. Just me? I hate my writing, so I often go through like 3 drafts for a single card...Totally OCD. Whatever. 

* Every year, a blogger I read, MODG, does something for the holidays that I just think is wonderful. Operation WANA (We are not assholes) is for bloggers and readers to comment about whether they're in need this season or if they can help someone this season.. The people who can help comment on the folks in need and a connection is made. It will bring tears to your eyes to read through the need that some of our fellow bloggers have due to everything from health issues, unexpected layoffs, or just plain having a rough year. I didn't grow up with a lot at all, but we always had food on the table and gifts under the tree...and many of the comments are often in a situation where they have neither. And yet those in need are still offering help to others...often as a trade.. like "I have baby clothes if someone has x, y, z..." It's beautiful and heartbreaking all at once. Head over and check it out...whether you're in need this season or you could offer help to someone who is... 

* I like the new One Direction song. A lot. Judge me. It's cool. And I'm also kinda amped up about the live Sound of Music on NBC tonight with Carrie Underwood...So there's that. It's LIVE, people!

7 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I still can't believe that she's doing The Sound of Music LIVE! I can't wait to see it! I have your Christmas card but I haven't mailed it yet. I'm slacking this year!

I would have freaked if it would have been me on the candle thing. I didn't see it and I'm obsessed with instagram so maybe you got it in time!

KatiePerk said...

Thanks for the reminder on the Sound of Music!! The blog looks pretty!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the info about WANA! It's a great reminder to help others this season.

Lori @ Everyday Loveliness said...

Oh my on the instagram picture of the day failure. I did a quick giggle (sorry).

I am with you on the invites. I overthink them which leads to procrastination. So way to go on the 70%...that is good!

C Mae said...

haha i did the same thing! I totally missed "tiny" and in the cubbard today whoops. That thing called "life" always seems to get in the way! :)

Caroline said...

I love 1D. Don't judge.

Sarah said...

oooohhhhh, love the new look of your blog. pretty!