Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend Recapping

Happy Monday, friends! Mondays have left me in quite the funk lately...I don't really know why, but my mood drastically improves as the week wears on...and then starts over again on Mondays...haha.. *sigh* 

Anyway, this weekend was mostly good. Friday night, Eric and I hit up a Mexican restaurant and were low key. He watched some movie with lots of exploding things and violence and I went in the back bedroom and watched Scandal on the computer...haha... Totally romantic, I know. (Speaking of though...holy Scandal! I can't WAIT til February!)

Saturday night, we attended a couple's shower for Sara and Jake! 
With my husband :), with the bride to be, with friends/bridesmaids :) 
We had a great time celebrating a fabulous couple. And I got to rock my new green dress from Banana! I've never bought anything green...well...a t-shirt here or there for St. Pats, but that's it. Ever have a color you just don't buy for some reason? Anyway, Lori talked me into getting this dress and I'm so glad she did! I think I'm going to wear it again to a Christmas party this week.. I mean why not?! :)

Taking kinda a sad turn, Sunday, I was headed out to Christmas shop when my mom called and said she was on her way to the animal ER b/c her dog, Beau wasn't doing well...at all. So sad...I hightailed it to meet her. He was 16 years old and was recently diagnosed with cancer. Poor guy already had arthritis and other old age issues. When we found out he had cancer, the vet told us he wasn't in pain and to just keep him comfortable and we would know when it was time. When mom woke up yesterday and saw Beau, she knew. I'll just skip ahead and say that the people at the ER were great, calming and considerate. I plan to write them a thank you note for being so kind. My mom and I stayed with Beau until he passed so he wasn't scared. I'm happy he's free from pain, but I'm going to miss that guy...and I know my mom will deeply miss him, too. We picked him out at the pound when I was a junior in high school.. or rather.. he picked us out. My mom found some adorable puppies and was trying to show me. But, I'd already wandered over to a crate with a skinny beagle mix with the saddest eyes. They opened the door and he put his head in my lap. My mom turned and put the puppy back, realizing there was no way I was going to leave that dog...haha... 16 years later, Beau is now our furry angel playing at the rainbow bridge. (If you've never read the rainbow bridge poem, grab some tissues, but it's really sweet...highly recommend).

Don't you wish animals could live longer? *sigh*

Anyway, sorry to be sad... I didn't mean to be a Monday downer...haha... I'll change the subject...How about that?

Eric and I have kinda been looking at houses off and on, so we finished the weekend driving around last night checking out a few. :) I have decided I love house hunting. The thought of packing and moving sounds totally unappealing, but house hunting=awesome. :) We finished the night with some Mexican food (duh) b/c neither of us were feeling cooking...

And that was the weekend. I can't believe the holidays are so close! I got like three gifts wrapped this weekend which made me feel SO ahead of the curve. Never mind the rest that are still hidden in the house and/or haven't been purchased...whatever.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Oh girl! I am so sorry about Beau. Saying goodbye to pets is the worst. I love that you and your mom got to be with him, though.

Caroline said...

That dress looks so so good on you! And so, so sad about Beau :( I'm sorry, girly.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I saw that dress on instagram and loved it! You look great in it girl!

Aw, that makes me so sad that Beau is gone. I'm sure your mom is going to be really sad without him in the house.

Unknown said...

The latest Gucci bag here
http://sohogucci.com/

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That dress on your is perfect and I want it!