Monday, May 5, 2014

I want a baby goat...and other weekend things.

Yesterday, it was 95 degrees here. Whoa. I think I remember spring. It lasted around two weeks...er...I think... I'm not complaining after the cold winter we had, though.

Anyway.. thank you so much for the kind words and congrats about the house! We're so stoked! We met with an architect on Friday and it seems like we'll be able to do everything we want in the budget we were thinking, so that's cool. We close later this month and we'll get some more formal plans started! *Cheesy happy face just typing that!*

Thought I'd share a few weekend pics... Saturday, we had a friend's Derby party. The friends actually live just around the block from our new house! Anyway, big hats, mint juleps, good times. :)
 
 
 
Sunday, we tried out Living Kitchen for dinner. They're a self-sustaining farm and do "farm table dinners" each month for around 40 people and give each dinner a theme. They'd already booked for the ENTIRE year, so when they added a Sunday dinner, I jumped on it. I didn't even care what the theme was. It ended up being Found and Forraged, which was all about local veggies and stuff that grows in the wild. It was pretty cool stuff. :) I think I'm going to get on the wait list for another dinner b/c it was just really fun and different...and healthy to boot.
 
Oh and I got to hold a baby goat. That made me happy. :) (And no, we did not eat any goats. Some people saw this photo and thought "living kitchen" meant that we ate the goat. If you know me, you know I would have totally kidnapped that baby if that's the case... Get it... "kid" napped...since baby goats are "kids.." haha...Okay, done making myself chuckle). 

 

 
If you go, know that the dinners are on the screened in porch. It's so cute, but there's no A/C, so dress accordingly. :) And you bring your own wine. Thankful Eric and I only brought one bottle or else Monday morning would have been tough with a capital T. 

 
 
So yeah...that's the weekend. Also...I was about thisclose to buying a FitBit yesterday. I think I want something to track my steps and all that jazz since my days are longer at my new job and I feel a little more sedentary in general. But, I dunno if a regular ol' pedometer is the better answer. Just thought it would be fun to track. Anyone have a FitBit flex? Love it? Hate it?

Oh and happy Cinco de Mayo! I plan on celebrating by watching The Blacklist at home in my pajamas later. #oldie We might get Mexican takeout. That counts as celebrating I think. 

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That dinner looks like so much fun! I need to do some digging and see if we have anything like that in Memphis!

RE: Fitbits... I got the Flex at first, and it was cool, but it is really just a glorified pedometer. I ended up returning it and getting the Zip. Again, just a pedometer, but it also gives you access to track your food on the app (basically the same as MyFitness Pal.) The only reason I love the Zip vs. a regular pedometer is that it syncs my steps to the app on my phone, and is really easy to keep track of (so I can look back and see how lazy I am during the work week and how much I move on the weekends, ha!)

Unknown said...

95!? wowzah!! i love your derby hat + dress!
stop by! im hosting a great giveaway. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Abby said...

I use the Fitbit One (the tiny one that you can wear in your pocket, bra, etc and it comes with a clip on thing you can attach it to) and I love it. I like it better than the Flex because the screen displays all the info immediately (rather than having to wait to plug the results into the computer). It definitely motivates me to walk/exercise more than I otherwise would (because I have a goal # of steps/miles per day) and it's fun to "compete" with friends, which adds extra motivation. So no, it's not a necessary item by any means, but if you are looking for extra motivation, it's worth the buy. I really enjoy mine!

Miss Chelsea said...

Ohhh man, gimme that goat!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I LOVE your hats and I LOVE that you guys did a Derby party! So glad everything went well with the architect too - exciting times ahead! That Living Kitchen place sounds amazing, I would love to try something like that sometime.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Living Kitchen sounds very cool! I wonder if there's something like that here in northern CA?! I am so excited for you about the house. For real!