Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FINALLY-last day in St. Lucia!!

No, I didn't forget (much to your dismay the vacation recaps are not over.. haha). This is officially the last day. :( So sad. I don't know what happened.. well, I do.. weddings, my bday, traveling, life... haha... I came home tonight at 6 something and passed.out. by 7 on my sofa. Dinner? Nope. Headache? Yup. Weird.

So, now I'm up and blogging. *shrug*

Okay, peeps!! Here we go... Day Seven. We got a late checkout-2pm. We were so bummed to be leaving! Here's our view from breakfast once again.. By this time, we didn't care that it was semi ridic expensive. We planned to just stuff ourselves..hah.. (and that we did.)
I made Eric take 10 more a few more self timed pics... This is also the only day the black bikini got any play. It was the least comfy of the ones I brought so whatever. It is what it is. It saw the beach.. haha..
We snorkeled again! Here's Eric walking to return our gear for the last time...
And a view of the hotel's beach restaurant. Like I've said before, they're in the process of remodeling so this is just one of a handful of restaurants on the property. Kinda cool... :)
Hey, I know! Let's take more pictures! I love that my hair is still a semi matted mess since we'd just snorkeled.. hah.. Whatev. After these pics, we swam out to that platform directly in front of me and hung there for awhile. Mind you, the ENTIRE time I was swimming there behind Eric (yes, I made him go first), I was harnessing my chi and saying "there are no sharks.. there are no sharks..." lol! (It's not as close to the other side as it looks here. We swam from where I was standing).
Awwww... :) Gah, I wanna go back... *sigh*
Okay...for some reason on this day, something in the water kept stinging us! haha! It was like 20 or thirty little instantaneous stings...but not bad enough to freak out or anything. It was just funny...Here's Eric after our swim back from the platform letting me know stinging hurts. lol!
Neither one of us want to go home.... Boo.
For some reason, the snorkel mask line stayed on my head HOURS after we were done. This was a typical thing for me, but uber bizarre... haha.. Oh, and this is my "I dont wanna go home" face...
Okay, let's rally the smiling for our very last beach picture in St. Lucia! Fabulous vacay!!
Checking out, we ran into this little guy... :)
It took me awhile to post this likely in part b/c I was sad it was the last official (let's face it; I'll keep posting) post about it. Easily the best vacation I've ever had-hands down. Eric and I were having as much fun on day one as on day seven! And even with an hour or so of sleep in total during our stay in NYC on the way back, we were still laughing and having a good time together! A tired time.. but a good time. :) The best part about a vacation is....well..everything. The worst part...wanting another one immediately upon your return. :)

I'm so excited to print some of these and frame them!! I needed to wait a little bit so I could better filter them or else miiiight have had a St. Lucia gallery in my living room b/c I was so excited about every.single.picture. :) (Still am, but reality is setting in that framing them all would be creepy and weird). The pics you end up loving from an event after some time has passed always amuses me...They're never all the same ones you originally love..or even noticed-at least for me. :)

I just linked all the blog posts here! I'm not gonna lie-it's more for me to stalk and reminisce and less b/c I think you're going to go read them again.. haha!

Day One.






Hope you had a great Monday!! I told my VP I was leaving for a couple mos for the Unit*d W*y thing and she was cool with it and happy for me! Awesome! You never know how someone will react when you tell them "hey, good thing we've built all this trust.. now I'm leaving for a few mos and handing everything off... seeya!" haha...

I guess we're under a tornado watch. *furrowed brow* Things that suck about apts: tornado watches...I'll never forget living in the TU apts when the sirens went off once, going on my patio and seeing ALL the non OK residents sprinting to the dorm next door where ppl were supposed to go! I'm seriously giggling to myself...It's not funny.. but we weren't really in the zone

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your new layout... and loved logging into your blog to see more St. Lucia pics. I need you to come capture my life on film.

Stacia said...

You should know I would read the vaca posts again because they are awesome!!